What's new

Biomech Mod & Atomic rda... A look at !

vaporsizer

Veteran
These two items arrived on my doorstep this morning after a careful & considered bit of homework. Why did i buy these & not just three cheaper set ups for the same money ? After all, all i got was 1 Mech mod & 1 rda !....
....Actually, it's not that simple so i will now bore you !

biohaz2.jpg

The mod cost £109 & the RDA cost £47.....£156 is enough for 6 Nemmy clones !
:eeek:

02042014012.jpg

I recently had a realization ! If i want quality i have to pay for it. It's nothing new, the same rules apply in most consumer products but for some weird reason it's taken me a while to see the light in vaping gear. Probably because i havn't been at it that long & the vape world takes a bit of getting to know but i've spent my short time intensely studying via videos & other reviews and on this forum. I've listened to experienced people !

I still don't declare to know that much now but the important thing is that i do know what i want & what i need if i'm gonna sustain a vaping activity.... I need my rock in the same way i had my rock when i smoked. I had to jack the fags in & that's fine except that since i did i've been out in the vaping wilderness without my secure & trusty habit in my back pocket ! I tried a number of set up types until i landed on planet RDA in the mech mod galaxy !

After that, it was only a matter of time & gear that i found less than satisfying before i made this move.
To some more seasoned vapers this will be a drop in the ocean but to me it's a really important move because i'm hoping that this gear will be my first proper rock. Something i can rely on to keep performing consistently so that when i reach for it, it does what i want it to do.

Yes i'm still too tight to buy a good camera, i'll be the last person un the UK to do it.
02042014.jpg

It's day 1 & i've built a simple dual micro coil into the dripper, 0.6ohm. Cotton wool is my go to.
Hows the vape ? Freaking nuts that's how. I'm a straight up bloke & if it were no different to my usual, i'd say so but the fact is that my vape has just taken a stellar bus trip to the new promised land....Good because if it didn't exist i would be feeling like a proper mug wouldn't i & 6 Nemmy clones would be laughing at me... But they're not !

The mod is mad & rda is madder..... TBC.....

Last edited:
Silver pins and magnets were available through @midlands vaping, if they have any left.

Cheers Mawsley, does your mod fire under it's own weight in 18650 mode with the magnet switch ? Mine does with a spring. I did wonder actually when i saw a couple of full video reviews & they both said the button sits flush & it won't fire when you put it down. In both vid's though you can see it sticks out a little. Alright, i can give the lock ring a little twist to combat it but anyway.

Cheers Mawsley, does your mod fire under it's own weight in 18650 mode with the magnet switch ? Mine does with a spring. I did wonder actually when i saw a couple of full video reviews & they both said the button sits flush & it won't fire when you put it down. In both vid's though you can see it sticks out a little. Alright, i can give the lock ring a little twist to combat it but anyway.

You got the firing pin tightened? Should sit flush in normal use with springs or magnets. My SS Panzer still has springs and that sits flush.

What I found was that when I first got them they'd unscrew during use but as time has gone on they remain fixed in position now. I only ever use the lock ring at night time when I put them away on the shelf.

nah, not the case here. First thing i did was strip it all down & wash the oil away, dried it all & reassembled. Tightened the copper switch contact with some pliers, just a little pinch. The throw of the switch is short & when i put down on a flat surface, it fires.
Maybe a slightly thicker o ring in the base could stop it as one idea.
Apart from that, the switch is the peachiest i've known. It's no deal breaker either, just thought i would ask.

Further thoughts on this device after having been using it for a couple of weeks as my main at-home mod...

After an initial time to allow for things to bed in well the biomech is performing in a way that pleases me beyond my expectations. It had been firing under its own weight on flat surfaces but i suspect it's just a new device quirk & now, after having exercised the threads of the locking ring it all feels like it's been tamed. Not too surprising it needed it with solid materials like these.
You could knock a nail into wood with the top cap ! Obviously i wouldn't put it through that but it's a chunk of brass & a half. The switch is a joy to use & its assembly is made of the same stuff as the top cap. No compromises have been made.

I think the modelling is fantastic how it tapers at the base & in the light the way the lines run down the length of the steel is somehow perversely satisfying. This one has not been polished beyond its brushed finish & i like it that way, i can feel the grain from the machine tool.
The engravings are subtle & stylish & don't feel as if they will wear thin in any hurry (Hundred years maybe)

Yeah ! Buying vape hardware will never be the same again, this has raised the bar for me & my web based window shopping has moved from asda to Harrods ! Well, sort of.

I think i'll offer a thankyou to certain forum members of the planet for pointing the direction. I looked, i listened & i have learned from you.
I appreciate how sticky the line is between talking about genuine & clone gear & i'm not going to join any elite clubs but this has opened my eyes. You lot know who you are.

Biomech ! Very very nice.

Firing under own weight? How?! The switch is recessed. Make sure it's turned in all the way mate ;)

Back
Top Bottom