What's new

APO - RDA - By Ghetto Inc. Customs.

vaporsizer

Veteran
At first when i saw this my immediate reaction was a mixture of curiosity & desire in that order. The desire needs no explanation but the curiosity was fueled by the sheer lack of information about this RDA, even the images were not giving any secrets away & descriptions on vendor sites were equally unhelpful. Not constructive from a punters viewpoint.

APOMain-640x494.jpg APO1.jpg
From the pictures, the materials, build & design look very nice imo & after finally someone appeared on youtube with some further info & shed a little light on the airflow options this has, i decided to give this a go.

The price of £69.99 demanded further information before i could make a decision because when you consider other RDA's currently rocking like say, the Zenith V2 & the Origen V2 RDA, owners have testified to their excellence. Look at the price of those & then back at this APO RDA again & i had to wonder, at this price, what does this atty bring to the table that those others don't ?
I can think of two answers !
1. It's available & 2. It doesn't matter as long as the device turns out to be good at what it's built for !

What i really wanted was a nice 22mm dripper which was genuine & quality. It's not healthy to lust after other gear that everyone else who owns is shouting about when the devices are just not available & so i decided to stop doing that & instead of relying on others to point me in the right direction, it's time to go with my own instinct & see if i can offer up something.

What i know about it so far...

A 22mm tri-post rda.
Stainless steel cap & base.
Large coil wire holes in the posts which look well spread apart.
Slotted screw heads for clamping.
Silver plated copper positive post & hi tempreture rated insulator.
Dual or single air hole options via a rotating copper outer sleeve held tight by two o rings.
Cyclops style for plenty of adjustment options. 2mm & 1.5mm.
I've also seen one with a brass sleeve but not available.

At the point of typing this, it's on order & i'll have one soon. I wanted to get this one in here too because nobody is talking about it. When i know more, i'll say more.

Last edited:
I've been going back to have a look at this one for a week or so now so will love to know how you get on with it :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Been eyeing this up also.
Will be interested in your thoughts on it when you get it up and running :)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Early thoughts ! Lucky me, it arrived today.

I've tried two builds in this. Both dual micro coil with .30mm kanthal & cotton wool. first one was .8 ohm & i just did what i normally do. It didn't work so well so i wrote it off & tried again.
Second build is .7 ohm & this time i positioned the coils near the wall of the drip well, this makes for longer legs !
Snapshot20140423.jpg

I wouldn't normally do this but
with the first build i was getting very little vapor & it was a bit harsh, even with the coils height repositioned a couple of times.
This 2nd build though worked instantly & there's nothing wrong with the way this vapes. I'm using the narrower pair of air holes. The juice well & cotton holds plenty of juice, it's a warm vape, rounded, flavour is great & vapor production is more than enough. No surprises there really for a dripper of this kind but yeah, it's good.
The slotted screw & large post holes present no issues, you could put it in you ring main ! (No, don't do that, seriously)

I have two niggles, not deal breakers but i'm going to mention them...

1. where the air holes have been drilled out of the main body, they hadn't been finished inside & there were burrs, quite pronounced. I had to get the dremel out & use a fine stone, just couldn't live with that. One of the two narrower slots is not cleanly reamed to shape & the series of drill holes are visible where it's gone in for each cut rather than a whole smooth edged slot. Not especially bad but i noticed it.

2. The top cap is not the snuggest fit on the o ring of the base & instantly i feel the need to change the o ring to a slightly thicker one. I tried a 1.6mm thick o ring & that made it too tight so i reckon if i go for about a 1.3mm thickness o ring it should solve that. It doesn't hinder the vape but if i knock the top cap against anything, it shifts off square & it means that when you screw the atty onto a mod, it turns on the base when you reach full travel.

What's this atty then ? I think it's a nice 22mm tri post dripper & if i change that o ring i'll get along very well with it. If it were cheaper i might not have even mentioned the niggles & they can be rectified.

Thinks on...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts dude :)
The deck looks a similar setup to the zenith to me, do the posts have holes or slots to take the wire? Also how easy is it to spin the afc.
I could live with the little niggles, after all what's a devise if you can't tinker about with it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

@Barracuda The posts have holes but they are big & would take twisted kanthal coils & probably ribbon too, made for it i think. The air flow control, it's day 1 so err... Well it's stays put when i set it but is easy to move without any force. There's friction there between it & the o rings. It'll self lube no doubt when the steam gets in.
The whole thing seems to me to be a straight forward job, i like the top caps shape & the lines machined into it. Materials feel nice. The drip tip hole is quite a short affair with no reduced well & just needs pairing up with the a choice tip to suit.
Just that o ring really, on the base, i'll have to change it but it means ordering some rings. Oh yeah, you don't get spares of anything with this, well i didn't anyway & i bought it from Grey Haze.

The only other thing i'm thinking is if you already have the zenith, i couldn't tell you what this could bring to the table that the zenith doesn't already provide. I don't have one but my best guess is that the zenith would be a better dripper.

Last edited:
Well packed with cotton, just enough air room around the coil, it has to be said that this atty is bringing out new tones in my juice. Captain custard never tasted so good. It's a thirsty one compared to my smaller drippers but the flavour is more moreish than a termite mound to an ant eater !
It has a pretty big chamber too but i'm still getting a warm vape & because the cap is not so tight on the base it's been a case of dripping straight down the tip, less messy, lesson learned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom