What's new

Akuma the drunken pirate.

@sparkyjuice @roballan Have either of you two taken the akuma switch apart ? I'm guessing the black insulator unscrews & i've had a tool in there but it's tight so before i continue, do yer know ?

Just in from a sit down pizza feck me stuffed, right...

I only got round to taking my switch apart last night more of a cleaning fetish than anything else, fully apart other than that insulator didnt try dont see any rhyme or reason to take it out tbh other than a I have to have tis in bits 100% :)

Just in from a sit down pizza feck me stuffed, right...

I only got round to taking my switch apart last night more of a cleaning fetish than anything else, fully apart other than that insulator didnt try dont see any rhyme or reason to take it out tbh other than a I have to have tis in bits 100% :)

You telling me the screw will come out with the insulator left in place ?

yup :) very much like a nemesis button just without that will loose locking pin.

EDIT just taken to bits nothing to the switch:

ebc9e00c-854d-4421-9491-dba3db600256.jpg

Last edited:

place button on teatowel on table(unlocked)
undo screw.....remove pin and spring and button come apart
never felt the need to remove the delrin insulator

place button on teatowel on table(unlocked)
undo screw.....remove pin and spring and button come apart
never felt the need to remove the delrin insulator

aye this or out of habbit I just compress the switch whilst taking the screw out always done it that way for some reason nemmys n all.

got some fancy acrylic in post today
sparkly shit and stone lookalike
feel a lathe session coming on at weekend... @roballan

strangely I have just cleaned mine too.....

yup :) very much like a nemesis button just without that will loose locking pin.

EDIT just taken to bits nothing to the switch:

ebc9e00c-854d-4421-9491-dba3db600256.jpg

Thanks man. I wasn't being stupid, it's just that my screw was hitting a stop when i tried to undo it. I figured that instead of forcing it i'll try removing the insulator first, trouble is, it doesn't want to move easily so that's why i asked before i went in.
Now you said it i picked up a screwdriver & instantly unscrewed the pin. DUH ! I'm still wondering if the insulator is threaded in or just press fitted. Sometimes i take my mods apart & stick the metal-only parts in boiling water but i never dip anything that might perish, o-rings & insulators like.

Thanks for your help mate.

Thanks man. I wasn't being stupid, it's just that my screw was hitting a stop when i tried to undo it. I figured that instead of forcing it i'll try removing the insulator first, trouble is, it doesn't want to move easily so that's why i asked before i went in.
Now you said it i picked up a screwdriver & instantly unscrewed the pin. DUH ! I'm still wondering if the insulator is threaded in or just press fitted. Sometimes i take my mods apart & stick the metal-only parts in boiling water but i never dip anything that might perish, o-rings & insulators like.

Thanks for your help mate.

no worries it locks if you dont compress the switch bud much like a nemesis same when you put it back together fully compress the switch and screw the bugger down tight for the most short lervly throw.

Back
Top Bottom