What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

X-Cube 2 and NiFe30

silver102

Initiate
Ok, after I got over the idea of doing contact coils (they didn't work great), I started plonking spaced Niffy coils in all of my attys as I used them. Lemo 2, Goliath 2, Goblin Mini, Subtank Mini and little Derringer are all equipped with Niffy and working great.

What does cause concern though, is the X-Cube 2. I have noticed that the resistance of my Niffy coils is rising when put on my X-Cube 2. For example - my Lemo 2 came out at an almost perfect 0.2 (8 wraps on 2.5mm with StealthVape's 28g Niffy) and it worked wonders on the X-Cube 2. I swap attys around, depending what I vape, but I noticed the next time i put it on it came up as 0.22, then 0.26 etc. Today, I put the Lemo 2 on the X-Cube 2 and it read 0.35! WTF! This was from cold after having been left overnight, btw. Put it on my D2 and the resistance read 0.212. And the same seems to be happening with my other attys also, each gradually creeping up and forcing me to lower the temp on the X-Cube 2.

Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?

Ok, after I got over the idea of doing contact coils (they didn't work great), I started plonking spaced Niffy coils in all of my attys as I used them. Lemo 2, Goliath 2, Goblin Mini, Subtank Mini and little Derringer are all equipped with Niffy and working great.

What does cause concern though, is the X-Cube 2. I have noticed that the resistance of my Niffy coils is rising when put on my X-Cube 2. For example - my Lemo 2 came out at an almost perfect 0.2 (8 wraps on 2.5mm with StealthVape's 28g Niffy) and it worked wonders on the X-Cube 2. I swap attys around, depending what I vape, but I noticed the next time i put it on it came up as 0.22, then 0.26 etc. Today, I put the Lemo 2 on the X-Cube 2 and it read 0.35! WTF! This was from cold after having been left overnight, btw. Put it on my D2 and the resistance read 0.212. And the same seems to be happening with my other attys also, each gradually creeping up and forcing me to lower the temp on the X-Cube 2.

Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?

I haven't experienced this. Is it just the lemo giving you problems? It's just I've herd that the lemo doesn't work the greatest when running TC builds.

The split pin design of the lemo means that it can make a temperamental connection if you haven't taken it apart for a good clean and made sure of a tight connection. It's amazing how much gunk accumulates inside the afc with use. I'd strip it down and clean everything off if it's jumping around on you.

The Derringer started at 0.21 and now comes up at 0.32. The Subtank Mini was 0.21 also and is now 0.26. The other two have only just recently had coils put in. It seems that this is happening more over time, as the Lemo 2 was the first atty I coiled with Niffy, and the one I use most (put nearly 60ml juice through it with the Niffy coil), closely followed by the Derringer. It is also that the resistance is not jumping around, just going up. I will strip them down at the weekend, give them a good clean and recoil.

The Derringer started at 0.21 and now comes up at 0.32. The Subtank Mini was 0.21 also and is now 0.26. The other two have only just recently had coils put in. It seems that this is happening more over time, as the Lemo 2 was the first atty I coiled with Niffy, and the one I use most (put nearly 60ml juice through it with the Niffy coil), closely followed by the Derringer. It is also that the resistance is not jumping around, just going up. I will strip them down at the weekend, give them a good clean and recoil.

Out of interest, can I ask what firmware you are currently running on the x cube atm?

Uh, the latest I think - 93 is it? Updated last week or something (it's all a bit blurry ;) )

Just tried the Derringer and got a nasty burnt hit, so opened it up and it was black as sin in there. Cleaned, dry burned (is that safe?) and rewicked - it now comes up as 0.38. Not gonna touch it again until I do a new coil. Does anyone know what the life of a Niffy coil is? Doesn't seem they last as long as Kanthal.

Uh, the latest I think - 93 is it? Updated last week or something (it's all a bit blurry ;) )

Just tried the Derringer and got a nasty burnt hit, so opened it up and it was black as sin in there. Cleaned, dry burned (is that safe?) and rewicked - it now comes up as 0.38. Not gonna touch it again until I do a new coil. Does anyone know what the life of a Niffy coil is? Doesn't seem they last as long as Kanthal.

The reason I asked was because 1.093 firmware was supposed to have an effect on the initial resistance reading. I'm still on 1.092. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but it might explain the issues you are having.

Check your 510 pin and connection, dirt on them will give poor contact messing up the resistance readings...

Back
Top Bottom