What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wire recommendations for Claptons etc

paulbee

Achiever
Hello fellow apss

So I've got myself a Daedalus clapton toll duberry thingymajig and after making some coils for TC.

Had some SS claptons and they & TC don't get on, keeps switching to power mode.

I tend to Vape mainly for flavour but don't mind clouds as long as it's not at the loss of flavour! Around 50 wars is my norm but don't mind trying different wattages Can anyone recommend some wires for a good vape please.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Paul

NiFe is much better than SS for TC and still easy to work with, at the moment I am using NiFe48 from www.zivipf.com which works well for claptons, stealth vapes NiFe30 is good for normal coils but lower resistance and crazywire now do a selection of NiFe that I have not used as I had just stocked up when they released it but sure somebody will be along soon with info on it.

Hello fellow apss

So I've got myself a Daedalus clapton toll duberry thingymajig and after making some coils for TC.

Had some SS claptons and they & TC don't get on, keeps switching to power mode.

I tend to Vape mainly for flavour but don't mind clouds as long as it's not at the loss of flavour! Around 50 wars is my norm but don't mind trying different wattages Can anyone recommend some wires for a good vape please.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Paul

OP doesn't mention what mod or mods they have and obviously they will require a mod with custom TCR modes to use NiFe. NiFe30 (Stealthvape) can be used in TC Ni mode by offsetting, but for best results you really need the capability to enter the correct TCR.

Crazy Wire NiFe works well and they've been selling it for a long time now. I tend to use the 48 or 52 more than Stealthvape NiFe30 which is the same as Crazy Wire NiFe70. I use 48 the most as it has the higher resistance to use it twisted, etc :).

Crazy Wire also do some decent SS clapton wire. I use a lot of the 26/32 and 28/32, works well in TC or wattage modes, I think they also now do a 24/32 as well.

If building with SS specifically for TC remember not to build too low in resistance. Try to stay above 0.3 ohms as a general guide, higher is better. Remember to wick slightly lighter for TC builds as well, watch some YouTube tutorials for specifics :).

Enjoy :D

Thanks @Arctic_Wolf and @andy3434

Ive got way too many mods, for TC I have Halcyon DNA200, Evic mini, Wraith and a DNA75 on its way.

Hows the Daedalus working out :)?? Is it as good as reviews say??

I've just used a power drill and a piece of wood with a swivel screwed to it clamped to a worktop to make clqpton wire, but obviously you have to guide and control the spool of wrapping wire by hand lol ;). Took a few inches before it began to look like proper Clapton but it works :). I'm too lazy to make fused, etc lol, standard Clapton or just different twisted wires were enough for me ;).

Does it make nice tight Clapton??

I've not used it as yet as just moved house but I'll update you as and when I do.

Also need to decide what wire to use, got crazy wire NiFe 24, 26, 28 AWG.

Any recommendations @Arctic_Wolf or anyone else?

Last edited:
I've not used it as yet as just moved house but I'll update you as and when I do.

Also need to decide what wire to use, got crazy wire NiFe 24, 26, 28 AWG.

Any recommendations @Arctic_Wolf or anyone else?

Trial and error really bud, as yet CW NiFe48/52 hasn't been added to Steamengine to work things out beforehand. You're not really going to want to make Clapton with those gauges though, you need the wrap wire to be 32 gauge or higher really. You could try twisting the 26 or 28 gauge in 2 or 3 strands though if you have NiFe48?? I think CW do a 32 gauge of NiFe48 too which you can use as a wrap wire ;).

Back
Top Bottom