What's new

Wicking for TC

No I think that's exactly right numbers don't mean Shit it's the results that matter and if you fudge them to get a good vape then so be it as long as you don't get a dry hit it's working!

100% agree. When I 1st got the x cube I did a cotton burn test. Smok certainly played it safe with this one. All I got was a slight bit of charing at 600f. My conclusion was that if this is the case with the temperature maxed out, how is it going to vaporize e juice at 420f.

The way I see it now is that if I attach my atty at room temperature at 0.11 ohms, then raise it to 0.13, I'm sort of cheating the x cube to do what it should be doing in the 1st place. Does this make sense or am I barking up the wrong tree? Lol

At 600f you should have ended up with cinders instead of a wick, 450f will burn the wick if everything is set properly, it sounds like either the mod didn't read the resistance properly or the TCR they programmed in was wrong, personally my X Cube poo is sitting in it's box on a shelf, Anyone of my 3 DNA40's soon to be 2 DNA200's, Snow wolf or the SX 350J knock spots off it...

At 600f you should have ended up with cinders instead of a wick, 450f will burn the wick if everything is set properly, it sounds like either the mod didn't read the resistance properly or the TCR they programmed in was wrong, personally my X Cube poo is sitting in it's box on a shelf, Anyone of my 3 DNA40's soon to be 2 DNA200's, Snow wolf or the SX 350J knock spots off it...

Yep that's why I use my rdna still despite the 40 watt cap. The x cube was always a stop gap while waiting for a dna 200 but didn't want to dive right in like I did for the dna 40 as I regretted that! I feel the smok guys just programmed it to pass the YouTube dry burn tests that's why we're having to fiddle. I tend to use the smok for practicing with titanium but it's a solid wattage device for the drippers and if fudged will give a good tc experience... No way I recommend it for newbie vapers tho have tried to dissuade them as a first buy but led lightshows and cheap prices often prevail!

Yep that's why I use my rdna still despite the 40 watt cap. The x cube was always a stop gap while waiting for a dna 200 but didn't want to dive right in like I did for the dna 40 as I regretted that! I feel the smok guys just programmed it to pass the YouTube dry burn tests that's why we're having to fiddle. I tend to use the smok for practicing with titanium but it's a solid wattage device for the drippers and if fudged will give a good tc experience... No way I recommend it for newbie vapers tho have tried to dissuade them as a first buy but led lightshows and cheap prices often prevail!

Yep, it was the pretty lights that got me...:D:whiteflag:

Did you have the same issues with the x cube as me and beastie?

I've been looking into the DNA200's but atm I don't have a Windows pc so I wouldn't get the most out of it. Also considering the VT 40 but worried it might be a bit under powered.

I've been looking into the DNA200's but atm I don't have a Windows pc so I wouldn't get the most out of it. Also considering the VT 40 but worried it might be a bit under powered.

The X Cube was probably the worst TC device I've tried, The Evic VT60 was a better device and I gave that away. The VT40 is a good device probably a touch under powered for the High airflow drippers but smaller subtanks and the like should be fine. As for the DNA200, yes the Escribe software is really an integral part of the package but if you can get on a windows PC once and create a basic profile for Kanthal, Titanium, and NiFe then you've covered all the bases and you can make power adjustments etc on the device. so you wouldn't miss out terribly by not having a PC...

Yes indeed I did the cotton never burnt unless I played with the TCR or initial resistance. the updated firmware have refined it a little but still having to fudge it a little. I think it's a case of fix one thing and break another. I'm ever wary of upgrading the firmware on this thing until it's been out for a bit... Sort of like android in guess hehe! Have to say that since getting the xcube I'm less satisfied with the output of my rdna but it's still my out and about device when I'm not clouding up then place anyway!

Yes indeed I did the cotton never burnt unless I played with the TCR or initial resistance. the updated firmware have refined it a little but still having to fudge it a little. I think it's a case of fix one thing and break another. I'm ever wary of upgrading the firmware on this thing until it's been out for a bit... Sort of like android in guess hehe! Have to say that since getting the xcube I'm less satisfied with the output of my rdna but it's still my out and about device when I'm not clouding up then place anyway!

Same here. Firmware currently at 1.092 but like you say still needs a bit of refining. More than happy with it the x cube tho. Still may go for a Vt 40 as an out and about device. Currently clouding out the room with a mec mod lol. Go figure

Same here. Firmware currently at 1.092 but like you say still needs a bit of refining. More than happy with it the x cube tho. Still may go for a Vt 40 as an out and about device. Currently clouding out the room with a mec mod lol. Go figure

How are you finding 1.092?im still on 1.08 too afraid to update but may do tomorrow if you think it's better,.. and then have to relearn lol have the ipv d2 on the way to replace the rdna, the dna 40 new versions seem to have ironed out the main glitches, I was lucky mine works OK just didn't have the coiling skill initially to get a decent nickle build!

How are you finding 1.092?im still on 1.08 too afraid to update but may do tomorrow if you think it's better,.. and then have to relearn lol have the ipv d2 on the way to replace the rdna, the dna 40 new versions seem to have ironed out the main glitches, I was lucky mine works OK just didn't have the coiling skill initially to get a decent nickle build!

It's been fine. I wanted the latest firmware update as smok had included a fix for nickel reading lower than the set temperature.

Had to borrow my m8's pc to do it. Used there new upgrade program which makes it a lot easier to do. Did have to re install titanium setting again tho but it didn't cost me anything. I'm still to try titanium.

Back
Top Bottom