What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wicking for tc

rob71

Postman
Just got into tc i seem to have my coil builds ok still needs a little bit more work .But my wicking seems off i use ni200 26g wire.
Is it best to use less wick with tc as i seem to be getting dry hits wick discolouring and burning in middle of coil .
or is it another problem .
sorry i can't upload pic's
cheers
rob

A little less wick than a vw build. Have you locked the ohms on the device? Which mod are you using and what ohms have you been aiming for?

Just got into tc i seem to have my coil builds ok still needs a little bit more work .But my wicking seems off i use ni200 26g wire.
Is it best to use less wick with tc as i seem to be getting dry hits wick discolouring and burning in middle of coil .
or is it another problem .
sorry i can't upload pic's
cheers
rob
Assuming you've got any hotspots out of the coil and locked in the COLD starting resistance of the coil, What temperature are you running at? 420 to 450 is about average, any higher and you are most likely compensating for the cold weak vape you get from too much wick by turning up the temperature and then getting a burnt wick

Assuming you've got any hotspots out of the coil and locked in the COLD starting resistance of the coil, What temperature are you running at? 420 to 450 is about average, any higher and you are most likely compensating for the cold weak vape you get from too much wick by turning up the temperature and then getting a burnt wick
Has far as i know i don't have any hotspots still trying to work out how to lock things into the koopor mini . i am running it at 420

The problem with the Koopor mini is it is another of those mods that initially sticks out it's full wattage (well almost you can select 'soft' and restrict it to 40 watts) when initially firing.

This combined with over wicking will cause what you describe, particularly if chain vaping or using as MTL.

The problem with the Koopor mini is it is another of those mods that initially sticks out it's full wattage (well almost you can select 'soft' and restrict it to 40 watts) when initially firing.

This combined with over wicking will cause what you describe, particularly if chain vaping or using as MTL.
i am still working it all out getting their slowly lol . when i think i have cracked it i soon find out i have not.

Surprised you're persisting with Ni200. I've found wicks much more tolerant when coiling with NiFe30 & SS316, the latter in both TC & wattage modes.

Surprised you're persisting with Ni200. I've found wicks much more tolerant when coiling with NiFe30 & SS316, the latter in both TC & wattage modes.
my mod which is a koopor mini 60w can only use ni or ti in tc mode i will get some nife30 wire as soon as money allows

my mod which is a koopor mini 60w can only use ni or ti in tc mode i will get some nife30 wire as soon as money allows

Using NiFe30 for your coils, you can set TC to Ni200 and drop the temperature about 10°C for reasonably accurate control - it works fine on my IPV D2, which like the Koopor Mini has only Ni and Ti modes. In the Wire Wizard section of Steam Engine there's a facility to calculate the equivalent temperature for several different wire types.

Back
Top Bottom