What's new

Why bother with TC ?

monstermash

Achiever
I don't really get it, how much difference does it really make? I've got tube mods, box mods, squonkers and mechs. Does TC overshadow them that much or is TC simply the natural progression that all regulated devices will ultimately become?

Wait until I need something new or buy one now coz it's that much better?

Thanks,
MM

The advantages that make it worthwhile for me are that you don't have to build different coils to suit different juices - just change the temp of whatever coil you have in until you find the juice's sweet spot - and that you can take however long a draw you want and the temp doesn't build up to uncomfortable levels as it sometimes can depending on your build. I also find that I prefer different temperatures at different times of the day. It's nice. You might like it, you might not, but certainly worth a try if you get the chance.

Edit: I also like how you can change your airflow to suit your mood and adjust the temp to suit.

Last edited:
I don't really get it, how much difference does it really make? I've got tube mods, box mods, squonkers and mechs. Does TC overshadow them that much or is TC simply the natural progression that all regulated devices will ultimately become?

Wait until I need something new or buy one now coz it's that much better?

Thanks,
MM

I think TC is probably the next logical step in regulated devices. We've heard all the concerns about the formation of Aldehydes from overheated liquids, the aim of TC is to prevent that by ensuring they never get overheated, even if the wick gets dried out. It also has the side benefit of making coils & wicks run cleaner, and some say their wicks last longer. I personally think I get a cleaner clearer taste to my juice too, although others say they can't tell the difference.

As for whether to buy one or wait until you need something new - well if you're happy with what you've got - wait, there are so many new devices coming. A whole raft of DNA200 devices will be coming in the next few months, many of the others will be looking to play catch up with Evolv and releasing chipsets with a similar range of features so the next six months or so will see a fair number of new devices pop up on the market.

TC never really appealed to me, I've only just started coiling as it is. That said, with the new DNA200 devices coming out, I will be heading to TC once the Vaporshark is released over here.

If I understand it correctly a tc device gets up to optimal temperature quicker than a conventional device then holds it there.

A conventional device takes some time to get up to (or over!) optimal temperature.

Being at optimal temperature for more of your inhale should mean a better vape (though I've not tried TC yet).

Hi Dean ;)
I am very much in the learning stage as you will see from other posts that I have made regarding this new voodoo.
For my part, I can say that having listened carefully to everything Tubbyengineer has told me.... and believe me this man has the patience of several Saints..... I have finally got a really good build running and I have to say.... whilst not a 100% convert yet, I can appreciate what it brings to the table.
OK, I was incredibly fortunate in as much as I was given a TC Mod by a very kind and generous Vendor, I still can't quite believe my luck I hasten to add and this is why I dipped a toe into this whole scene. I doubt I'd have done so if it hadn't been for this kindness I admit.

Cheers
Rob;)

Hi Dean ;)

I I can say that having listened carefully to everything @Tubbyengineer has told me.... and believe me this man has the patience of several Saints..... I have finally got a really good build running and I have to say.... whilst not a 100% convert yet, I can appreciate what it brings to the table.

Cheers
Rob;)

Er, I wouldn't count on that Rob, You haven't seen that Dartboard with your photo on it, and the assortment of pointy things, sharp things, and blunt instruments that have scarred it...:lol1: chased.gif

The whole TC craze passed me by but I was forced to buy a new mod last week when my istick 50 watt died (also no help from a particular vendor).
Anyway picked up a IPV D2 and some titanium since it also does TC so might as well mess around on the weekend.
Now both my Lemo 2's and derringer are TC titanium and will be staying that way. Tried it out on Cthulhu and goblin but the deck sizes are too small so have been put on Kanthal duty again. But once the Goliath v2 and Cthulu v2 arrive both will be put on TC.
I appriciate the claimed health benifits of TC and not overheating but where it shines for me is actually vape qualty and more control. Turn down the temp in the morning for a cool crisp vape. Turn it up later for a stronger experience.
Having tested my usual buikd in the Lemo I can now also say for certain titanium beats it in the flavour department for my tastes.

Last but not least I enjoy the consistency of TC. Where as before I woukd regulate my draw I now let tge TC do the guess work.

If you are happy where your at I dont think there is any rush for TC. At some point you will need a new device like me and they will all come with it so you could use it or not. But having used it I can see this as the incremental evolution of vaping.

I do not have a lot of experience in TC but have recently tried the Ni OCC coil in my subtank mini, previously I was struggling to get a consistent vape on the normal coils and a very warm vape if I turned the watts up, too warm

I have found that the TC does give me a more consistent vape at higher watts and i can use the temp setting to adjust to different juices, much improved performance on the mini tank

For the Triton, I have not found the need but might try next

Back
Top Bottom