What's new

What wire for a newbie?

Tinkerbelle

Achiever
What's the best wire for a newbie at tc to order and use in a sigelei 75w mod?
TIA

I'm not sure if you can change settings for different wire types but you can use NI200, Titanium01, And NiFe30 as long as you offset the temperatures accordingly in the last two. The 75 TC is designed to work with NI200 (Nickel) wire - So I'd recommend getting the tempered NI200 from @stealthvape. The NiFe30 also from there is a little easier to work with (It's higher resistance so you need fewer wraps) but really needs to be spaced coils, Titanium is tough stuff, very springy. Start with NI200, then move onto the others once you've got the hang of it.

Niffy is easier to build with and has higher resistance meaning fewer wraps (Nickel tends to need 10 or twelve wraps for the right resistance). The reason I suggested starting with Nickel is that you won't have to keep working out the offsets for different temps - It's not terribly difficult, theres a table on Steam engine - but it's an unneccesary complication for a beginner to temp control...

Just a word on the sig 75. In my hands, the TCR calibration runs a little hot, so maybe start search for the best temp maybe 20F lower than you might otherwise....say 390F for Ni200, 290-300 for Ti etc..

Back
Top Bottom