What's new

Wacky TC on Asmodus Minikin v2

Hi @yorkyboy I love my minikin v2 and am almost exclusively a TC vaper so will weigh in with my experiences!

I find the TC to be a bit on the cool side, but very consistent, compared to my other mods. By that I mean I tend to vape around 450F on my other mods but on the minikin I tend to go around 470F to get a similar sensation. Grimm Green said he felt the chip was a bit "underpowered" so I wonder if that is what he meant.
But what I like about it for TC are 2 things:
Being able to adjust the resistance of the coil it locks in at - I find the best resistance reading tends to be after a small toot rather than when the tank is cold cold, so if it's cold I tend to bump the resistance by .01 or .02 and that often compensates.
The consistency. I don't know how to describe it. The same tank with the same build vapes consistently, whereas other mods sometimes seem to over or under compensate the longer you vape giving you a hotter vape etc. Also on other mods the same build and the same wire can sometimes really throw the TC off kilter - normally vaping around 450F but the screen says that red hot vape is only 200-300F?! Never happened on the minikin... although maybe my building skills are improving?!

Interestingly, having been on ss316L for ages, @EmbraSewerRat kindly donated me some SS317L and I don't know if I'm imagining it, but it seems to play a little nicer (so cheers Ratty!)

I don't use twisted etc, just straight up (well, coiled, natch) wire as I could never get twisted wire to behave nicely in TC and lost patience.
If you ever get chance, I'd give 430 a go. That's really nice for TC. I use twisted 430 27 gauge and a TCR of 145 and it's great.

Back
Top Bottom