What's new

Uwell crown coils burning (pics)

sorry should of said maybe your liquid is thick and not getting through the cotton quick enough.
Didn't say I was having issues with mine I was just saying you need to put a lot of power through the crown to get the best from it. I put 70vg through mine with no wicking issues.

The coils are packed too tightly. I had one that after 3-4 days looked like the OP's. I've since pricked the juice holes and let them soak for a while and they last a few weeks. This one is 6 days old and still looks new. And that's with 80vg juice.

Attachments

• 20160106_082500.jpg
    20160106_082500.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 374
The coils are packed too tightly. I had one that after 3-4 days looked like the OP's. I've since pricked the juice holes and let them soak for a while and they last a few weeks. This one is 6 days old and still looks new. And that's with 80vg juice.
Just got a crown, would you recommend pricking a hole in the wick slots? Obviously I'm
Gonna have to buy new coils but if j can drag any extra life out of them then j bloody well will!

I use a different tank now, but rumour has it they've revised the Crown coils. I've heard that they've loosened the cotton inside and the top is covered so you can't see the cotton when looking down on it. I can't find confirmation of this.

If you have one of these new ones then I presume they're fine as it is. If you've got the normal ones then yes, prick them. But use a very fine needle and only once on each hole, otherwise they can flood and gurgle.

Edit: It seems the new coil I've heard about is for their new rafale tank. They don't look compatible with the Crown.

An Aspire Cleito. It's just coming up for three weeks now and I'm still on the first 0.4ohm coil, and it still looks new! That's with 80vg juice as well. No leaking, great design, nice extras.

I got a Crown a couple of days ago. I already knew to prime the coils and started off on lowish watts then slowly built up to break them in. The 0.5 was done with the same day. The 0.25 had a short from the off. The Ni200 coil tastes horrible. I tried rebuilding them using 316L SS and jap cotton but with little success flavour wise. I had very nearly ordered an RBA for it but held off, glad I did now because I'm done with this tank already. It will be in the classifieds soon, tank only (black), boxed with a spare glass.

I have 4 crowns in use, the coils last 3-4 wks at 40w, never had any dry burning, and all the tanks and coils were from FT. Bit of a strange one as you seem to be doing everything right by priming etc,

I have 4 crowns in use, the coils last 3-4 wks at 40w, never had any dry burning, and all the tanks and coils were from FT. Bit of a strange one as you seem to be doing everything right by priming etc,
I'm similar. Three Crowns and a ton of 0.25 coils from FT. Never had a problem.

Ive been using uwell crown tc coil for a few months now with no burning, even at high temps... all i can say is prime it well, suck juice through with some short puffs to get it into the cotton... when you get that black stuff as in your picture, just give the coil a rinse under a tap and its good as new, its just residue gathering that gives you that manky taste =)

Back
Top Bottom