Innokin
What's new

Utter noob to TC...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
As it appears to be working for you crack on.

Yeah, it seems to be working - I was really just after a bit of info as to what isn't considered 'right'...

It's all well and good getting told stuff like my settings are wrong and my wire is too thick - but I'm not getting any reasoning as to why it's wrong and what will get better with changing stuff.

Vape Superstore
Yeah, it seems to be working - I was really just after a bit of info as to what isn't considered 'right'...

It's all well and good getting told stuff like my settings are wrong and my wire is too thick - but I'm not getting any reasoning as to why it's wrong and what will get better with changing stuff.

The change in resistance (which is how it works out the temperature) is bigger the higher the resistance of the coil. So if you build too low, it’s harder for your mod to work out, being that there is less variance.

So - how much did I do wrong?
You must feel something is not right otherwise you wouldn't have questioned yourself. Advice has been given by people who either almost exclusively TC or have used it enough to have an opinion, up to you how you use it. Perhaps read through other TC related threads to increase your knowledge. Experiment with various configurations & decide for yourself what works & what doesn't.

What @zouzounaki said is the basic premise of TC but as in all things vape related there is no right or wrong. Just what works for you.

Vape Green
I did write a much longer message, but it looked really sanctimonious ;)

I was only questioning myself insofar as being like "this isn't the standard advice, but it's working fine, so what's up with that?"

Whether it should or not, this setup is working for me. It's made an rta an enjoyable thing to use again. I was ready to sling the tanks in the cupboard and exclusively drip (well, and squonk, but that's really dripping from below anyway).

I have a feeling that (much like the standard "how to vape to give up smoking" advice) following the accepted norms might just have left me disappointed with TC in general, because I seem to be exceedingly abnormal.

If anyone can actually explain why and how changing the variables might improve the experience then I'll be all ears, but simply "use this wire with these numbers because I say so" doesn't do it for me.

Changing any variable in a vape set up can have an effect on the outcome, either positive or negative. Changing the length/bore of a drip tip can make a bad vape good & vice versa. Changing airflow can increase/decrease temperature, altering juice flow can change a vape, moving coils up/down can change the end result. Need I go on.
Only by trying will you find what suits you. Nobody has said you must do it this way or that, just offered advice garnered through experience. If you want to learn more or understand TC there's a wealth of knowledge on everything from wire types, ohm, watts, RDA's, RTA's, mods, even juices that work/don't work with TC within the forum. Read what's written then make your own choice.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom