What's new

Titanium is so much better than nickel

Back to the topic re; titanium wire, when i do decide to try it then i will NOT get it from anywhere except from stealthvape as i know that if they're selling it then its the BEST quility wire there is and i trust the team stealthvape to give me the best there is.
Yep, I found to my horror last night that I was about to run out of Muji, the fastest way to get some more was to order a couple of TI spools and get them to throw in some emergency supplies of Japan's finest.....

Done 3 builds with Ti so far: dual coil 24 gauge in my Velocity, dual coil 26 gauge in my Billow V2 and dual coil twisted 26 gauge in the Velocity.

Very easy to work with, less faff then Ni200 and able to do decent TC builds in the Velocity now which I couldn't do with Ni200. Other than that though I don't notice any difference in vape quality or taste between a 0.07-8 dual Ni200 build I usually have in the Billow V2 compared to the 0.15 dual coil Ti build I have in there now. Wouldn't say it tastes any cleaner and seems about the same to me.

I'm liking it in the Velocity but think I need a DNA200 to make that build shine as I think I could go a fair bit higher than the 75J my SX Mini M Class gives me.

Done 3 builds with Ti so far: dual coil 24 gauge in my Velocity, dual coil 26 gauge in my Billow V2 and dual coil twisted 26 gauge in the Velocity.

Very easy to work with, less faff then Ni200 and able to do decent TC builds in the Velocity now which I couldn't do with Ni200. Other than that though I don't notice any difference in vape quality or taste between a 0.07-8 dual Ni200 build I usually have in the Billow V2 compared to the 0.15 dual coil Ti build I have in there now. Wouldn't say it tastes any cleaner and seems about the same to me.

I'm liking it in the Velocity but think I need a DNA200 to make that build shine as I think I could go a fair bit higher than the 75J my SX Mini M Class gives me.

Do you not find that the increased surface area you get with the thick wires you can use with titanium gives you much denser clouds than nickel? You just get so much better clouds with ti, having to use 30awg for dual coils with nickel is just shite.

I think the main reason that titanium is so good is beacuse nickel is so shit....

The way I think about it is, titanium is exactly like kanthal but you can limit the temperature. What more could anyone want really? Kanthal is the perfect wire for coils (if it had tc which 'it now does'
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon12.png)

Do you not find that the increased surface area you get with the thick wires you can use with titanium gives you much denser clouds than nickel? You just get so much better clouds with ti, having to use 30awg for dual coils with nickel is just shite.

I think the main reason that titanium is so good is beacuse nickel is so shit....

The way I think about it is, titanium is exactly like kanthal but you can limit the temperature. What more could anyone want really? Kanthal is the perfect wire for coils (if it had tc which 'it now does'
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon12.png)

No not really. I've just done a rebuild in the Billow using spaced Ti coils this time (tried the build method linked by diva before), and it's an improvement but I wouldn't say it's a better vape than dual Ni200 coils, I don't find it any denser or warmer just easier to build with.

Well for me...Nickel. Titanium or Kanthal?

I like TC.....Ni chrome was good to me way back in the days of rebuilding CE4/5's on 3mm glass, I got into gennies, mesh wick? New learning curve....Kanthal took over... reduced genny hot spots.....silica still good....whats this cotton shit? Tanks n cotton....great!.... whats this TC shit? TC shit...Nickel? Hmmm nice, but a MF to work with!....do I do micro or spaced...WTF do I do with this? Titanium, shit, feels like Kanthal, builds like Kanthal....am I gonna die? ARSloos (or what ever uk's TW calls their Kanthal TC mod piece of poop that ain't TC in Kanthal)...Yup, that ain't no good! Stainless....whoooo yeah! One tank manufacturer sports it, One over priced German company supports it! Need two squillion wraps like Nickel to get a workable build.........FUCK! What do we do now??????...Teapots n saucepans never got cancer....from teapots n saucepans did they?

Titanium is the best material to date....treat it like a fool n it will poop on your day! It is robust, easy to clean, easy to build...it would appear IMO that it needs a device that can ramp up the power over the coils life (I have 2 that have run for 3 weeks with a clean n re-wick) and I vape heavy...when I hit 480-500f the coils look like they are embedded in rock n taste well funky.

The debate will run on... but for me, the best results have been nickle/titanium hybrid coils but better still Titanium!....Me? well I am rebuilding all my TC attys n drippers in Ti, to be run on Ni/Ti devices or strait Ni devices (with heat adjustments).

What am I saying? Fook, I wish I knew? But we are going TC as vapers, come Zombie time we will be vaping 12volts 70amph....other than that, the only sensible choice will be Ti!.. Your next mod should have adjustable TCR for Ti 1.

Nickel aint so bad to work with, barely much different to kanthal. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Hmm personally I'm very happy with Nickel and find 30 AWG quite easy to work with (a bit fragile, but also easy to modify). I'm quite curious to trying Titanium as so many people say it's better. Just two questions - where can I find the info about titanium oxide (the white build up that is apparently very toxic)? And can anyone report how is Titanium working on Nickel only devices? I'm aware that you need to step down the temperature but do you find it working consistently and well as with Nickel or it has quirks if the device doesn't have a special settings for Ti?

Hmm personally I'm very happy with Nickel and find 30 AWG quite easy to work with (a bit fragile, but also easy to modify). I'm quite curious to trying Titanium as so many people say it's better. Just two questions - where can I find the info about titanium oxide (the white build up that is apparently very toxic)? And can anyone report how is Titanium working on Nickel only devices? I'm aware that you need to step down the temperature but do you find it working consistently and well as with Nickel or it has quirks if the device doesn't have a special settings for Ti?

Stealth Vape have a couple of excellent articles on it; here and an updated version here. From what I understand Ti needs to get to 1300F to get to the oxidisation level.

I haven't tried Ti in a TC mod designed only for Ni200 but from what I understand the temp needs to be lowered by 100 degrees.

Titanium...its about 1200-1300f before oxide is produced....If I remember, but hell....dont let it glow below dark cherry red in the shade and it is fine.....ish. It is, when treated with respect...probably... safer than other wires IMO, but you have to counter the "Numbnut" in to the equation!

I shall run Ti in my Ni only mods....using my experience and own risk analysis.

Back
Top Bottom