What's new

Titanium is so much better than nickel

richardk

Postman
I got my first temp control device on Monday and was using nickel and wasn't too happy with the results. I could get over the fact that it was a pain in the ass to build, but the vape just wasn't anything special.

I got some titanium this morning and it is literally better in every way. I know everything to do with vaping is subjective, but I am really struggling to see how this is:

- Much easier to wrap
- Don't have to space coils
- Don't have to do a stupid amount of wraps
- Much more dense, kanthal like clouds (if you want them) as you can use thicker wire with no issues
- You can push the temp a bit higher due to the thicker wire
- Better flavour than nickel and kanthal
- Rewicking isn't a surgical procedure that can easily ruin your coil
- Generally far more solid coils
- Wires don't snap under screws
- The metal turns blue when it gets warm :)

The only cons I can think of are that not all temp control mods have a titanium setting, but you can get around this by just offsetting your temperature 100 deg F lower and increasing it upwards to your desired level from there. Also, you CANNOT dry burn the coil until it glows bright orange. Don't go higher than 10 watts when pinching the coil and ironing out hotspots. Do it somewhere dark so you can see the coil barely dimly glowing (don't push it further...). I say this last point as a con, but its not like you can make nickel glow either as it would just disintegrate.

Yeah im gonna bve trying titanium when my temp mod returns to me. I hear a lot of negative speculation about titanium wire but meh I spoked for 28 years. Just dont dry fire the coils I think.

Ni200 is defo a pain in the ass to work with.

Yeah im gonna bve trying titanium when my temp mod returns to me. I hear a lot of negative speculation about titanium wire but meh I spoked for 28 years. Just dont dry fire the coils I think.

Ni200 is defo a pain in the ass to work with.

It's easy to say 'I smoked for x amount of years, it can't be worse' but in this scenario it definitely is, inhaling Titanium Oxide (the white build up present when Ti is heated past a certain point) will cause you serious damage and even death a lot quicker than the ciggies would have.

I use Ti in my temp builds now and play very safe with it

Am I the only one, but I cant tell any difference between Kathnal, nickel and titanium ... in terms of taste :6::6::6:

It's easy to say 'I smoked for x amount of years, it can't be worse' but in this scenario it definitely is, inhaling Titanium Oxide (the white build up present when Ti is heated past a certain point) will cause you serious damage and even death a lot quicker than the ciggies would have.

I use Ti in my temp builds now and play very safe with it

I agree and I worded it badly, Im aware not to dry burn the coils. Plus I dont vape "that" hot or at least nowhere near hot enough to start producing titanium oxide.

sounds like ti could replace nickel as the best wire for tc currently, i think with ni200 it also needs similar safety precautions, although maybe it can be pulsed at higher wattages without producing any dodgy, not sure

NG has some good tips for TI users.

[video]https://youtu.be/RvauQmOQzGg[/video]

I need to get some titanium wire coz nickel on a TC mod for me is shites vape I've had in 2 half years

sounds like ti could replace nickel as the best wire for tc currently, i think with ni200 it also needs similar safety precautions, although maybe it can be pulsed at higher wattages without producing any dodgy, not sure

No it can't, as if it ignites it's very unlikely you have a fire extinguisher at home capable of putting that fire out

Question for you ti builders. When I do touching coils, I always end up with the lead wires getting much hotter than the coil. This has pushed me towards always doing spaced coils.

How do you guys mitigate the lead wires getting super hot?

Back
Top Bottom