What's new

This is what I plan on doing to give TC a try (Updated)

That was something that I read. Some people were describing their TC vape as weak and saying that TC was cutting power too soon so it was suggested that they needed a looser wick to keep the coil saturated as @scrumpox mentions above.

If your wicking is keeping up in wattage mode then it's going to keep up in TC too.

So, the NiFe30 wire arrived at lunchtime.
I built a 7/8 wrap, 29awg, 2.5mm spaced coil for the Kayfun Prime which ohmed out at 0.34 ohms.
Dry pulsed the coil to check for hotspots and get rid of any possible oil etc.
Set up the Dicodes dani mini for TC at 30w, 430F
Wicked, primed and filled the rta.
Vaped for the first time ever in TC !

Verdict: Absolutely great. I got the vape temperature I like instantly and then the smoothest, consistant vape I have ever had without having to ease off because the vape got too hot like it does with Power mode.
I can't say I have noticed any difference in flavour but it will be interesting to see if my vape loses flavour after 4mls like it usually does with power mode and if there will be any significant increase in battery life.

Whether or not this is all a case of first time lucky, I don't know, but if not, I think I will be sticking with TC .

Last edited:
Further update: Set up the Pico 75w with the same rta and the same settings as the Dicodes mod and although it performed just fine for a £25 mod, there was definitely something lacking that was evident on the Dicodes. I played around with the temperature on the Pico but just couldn't replicate the vape that I get from the Dicodes. I suppose that you do get what you pay for after all and that is what I will tell myself if I ever gather the dosh to buy a second Dicodes. :tongue:

Might work better with Arctic Fox firmware on it.

I ain't too great with computers and technical stuff John, but I will have a wee read up on this Artic Fox firmware and see if I can work something out.

Any issues, just ask, I have it loaded up on a few mods.

Back
Top Bottom