What's new

The Nickel Microcoil Build Tutorial...

Cheers. Interesting seeing a heron build and how you take the outer blankets off the cotton... Never occured to me to do that.

Mic / Volume needs a tweak.

Yeah, new setup, thought I'd got it right until it was processed, I can't be arsed doing another two hours of editing and 3 hours of processing tonight, I'll be looking at it during the rest of this week though...

Argh! The audio tubby! Dont you click play after you have uploaded stuff? :D

Upload time for that Video was 179 minutes with a further 20 mins of processing time on youtube, add that to the 4 or so hours editing and adjusting the 45 minutes to produce the uploadable file and the 2 hours or so to record the individual segments and it's a major investment in time.

I did, and it was just about OK, I spent an hour or so trying various tweaks before I processed it and that was pretty much all I could do to it.

To your ears what are the problems with it, having someone elses opinions may help me focus on the problems a bit easier.

I'm Using a Floureon Condenser Mic with a Behringer PS400 Phantom power supply, I had the Mic connected to the camera and the Hissing had to be filtered out to get even that level of clarity, I'm looking at different solutions but even an AT2020 Condenser Mic comes in at about £75 and a Rode Videomic pro is £140, I'm trying recording test clips with audio recorded seperately but this increases the editing challenges and I'm still not convinced of the sound quality...

Last edited:
Give it up as a bad idea tubbs

Sent from my iPhone using a carrier pigeon

Upload time for that Video was 179 minutes with a further 20 mins of processing time on youtube, add that to the 4 or so hours editing and adjusting the 45 minutes to produce the uploadable file and the 2 hours or so to record the individual segments and it's a major investment in time.

I did, and it was just about OK, I spent an hour or so trying various tweaks before I processed it and that was pretty much all I could do to it.

To your ears what are the problems with it, having someone elses opinions may help me focus on the problems a bit easier.

I'm Using a Floureon Condenser Mic with a Behringer PS400 Phantom power supply, I had the Mic connected to the camera and the Hissing had to be filtered out to get even that level of clarity, I'm looking at different solutions but even an AT2020 Condenser Mic comes in at about £75 and a Rode Videomic pro is £140, I'm trying recording test clips with audio recorded seperately but this increases the editing challenges and I'm still not convinced of the sound quality...

Its the quality of the audio tubby thats perfectly fine. its just the levels. Really low - and I mean reallyyyyyyyyyy I need to crank my audio system up to full just to be able to hear anything.

Its the quality of the audio tubby thats perfectly fine. its just the levels. Really low - and I mean reallyyyyyyyyyy I need to crank my audio system up to full just to be able to hear anything.

I may invest in a Pre-amp/Mixer then or try the seperate recording method, I was worried about the levels but it seemed OK for volume on my Laptop speakers which I keep at 50% volume bu I wasnt happy with the quality. I'll try a few test recordings and see what I can do for the levels...

Back
Top Bottom