What's new

Temperature offset - Ni200 and NiFe30

I'm a little confused, as usual. I thought it wasn't necessary to dry burn spaced coils whether they be kanthal or TC coils. I never do with either for that reason and just because I'm not comfortable with it.

Your device asks whether it's a single or dual coil?

Yes, Although I haven't tried building this the Xcube2 asks when you set the coefficient if you're running single or dual coil. Not sure what difference this makes.

I also didn't think you had to dry burn spaced coils, because you shouldn't get hot spots really.

Still not sure why I get hotlegs on my TC builds. Gonna try and do one when I get home from work.

I'm a little confused, as usual. I thought it wasn't necessary to dry burn spaced coils whether they be kanthal or TC coils. I never do with either for that reason and just because I'm not comfortable with it.
Are you talking about dry burning gunk off the coils or pre heating to sort out hot spots?

@MrNumpty dry burn to get out hot spots on spaced, new to me also but gotta say done a build this morning and there is defo an improvement. Low wattage in power mode and a strum[emoji1]

Yes, Although I haven't tried building this the Xcube2 asks when you set the coefficient if you're running single or dual coil. Not sure what difference this makes.

I also didn't think you had to dry burn spaced coils, because you shouldn't get hot spots really.

Still not sure why I get hotlegs on my TC builds. Gonna try and do one when I get home from work.
I've seen this on X cube and Smok koopor plus reviews where it does ask for single or dual coil, I also don't know what diff it makes

Interesting ... this is for safety reasons because of potentially degrading the metal?
Yes, that primarily and because I didn't think it necessary or even worthwhile dry burning spaced coils as a secondary issue. I dry burned that NiFe 30 resistherm and the vape nearly killed me but that was undoubtedly user error.

Back
Top Bottom