What's new

Temperature offset - Ni200 and NiFe30

scrumpox

Veteran
I'm getting plenty of joy from vaping on Niffy now in the RDTA.

As I'm using iPV D2s I'm using the Ni200 setting, there is no way to adjust the TCR ... so I'm just wondering ... what is the actual temperature offset? Am I running hotter or cooler than the TC settings and by roughly how much?

I'm getting plenty of joy from vaping on Niffy now in the RDTA.

As I'm using iPV D2s I'm using the Ni200 setting, there is no way to adjust the TCR ... so I'm just wondering ... what is the actual temperature offset? Am I running hotter or cooler than the TC settings and by roughly how much?
Theres a chart on the wire wizard of steam engine...

Theres a chart on the wire wizard of steam engine...
Yikes ... have been to this scary screen before ...
I've put in the coil specs.
Under Equivalents it says for 210C set Ni200 (TFR curve) to 200C ... so the mod is showing roughly 10 degrees C less than actual.
Have I understood that correctly?

nife-temperature-offset.jpg

@scrumpox, bear in mind these tables are for evolv's non-linear Ni200 TCR curves - I find they don't agree well with some other chips, e.g. the one in the IPV D2. On the D2 I reckon the coil is running about 30C hotter than set (I am vaping set around 175C, on rDNA40 I'm usually at 195C with the same setup), which is more or less consistent with the YiHi chip using a linear Ni200 TCR of about 0.0006 /K (but I have not been able to verify what TCR profile the chip actually uses).

@scrumpox, bear in mind these tables are for evolv's non-linear Ni200 TCR curves - I find they don't agree well with some other chips, e.g. the one in the IPV D2. On the D2 I reckon the coil is running about 30C hotter than set (I am vaping set around 175C, on rDNA40 I'm usually at 195C with the same setup), which is more or less consistent with the YiHi chip using a linear Ni200 TCR of about 0.0006 /K (but I have not been able to verify what TCR profile the chip actually uses).
Yes, thanks, I had thought about that.
As you know, I tend to go by real world experience rather than take mod readings as gospel ... I wanted to know just for information on the juice.
I have found a build config that works well with TC in the RDTA, though I'm still playing with thickness, wraps and wick. It's a single wire, dual coil that sits high (airflow hits under) and keeps the wicks away from the chimney and chamber so they pick up as little condensate as possible.
niffy super8.jpg

Finally I am able to separate gunking from discolouration caused by the condensate, removing most of my frustrations. Now I can estimate the temps at which the juice is gunking the coil.

I have found a build config that works well with TC in the RDTA, though I'm still playing with thickness, wraps and wick. It's a single wire, dual coil that sits high (airflow hits under) and keeps the wicks away from the chimney and chamber so they pick up as little condensate as possible.

Finally I am able to separate gunking from discolouration caused by the condensate, removing most of my frustrations. Now I can estimate the temps at which the juice is gunking the coil.

Great stuff, I am going to try this - funnily enough I thought of doing a build exactly like that the other day, but hadn't got round to trying it.
I take it you are lining up the airholes in your usual X way? How does it fare with the 2-hole band? The 4-hole is a bit too airy for me.

As always, very interesting to see and hear about your experiments - keep it coming.

Back
Top Bottom