What's new

Temp Control Vapers Anonymous

vapellie

Achiever
I realise us Temp Controllers are a minority group amongst vapers, and I've lost track of who primarily vapes in TC on this forum, so confess who you are, and what's your preferred TC set up?

I have gone from solely using a DNA30 and Mini Nautilus (stock kanthal coils) for almost two years to now using a DNA75 with NiFE30 in a Rose3 (or two) as pretty much the only set up I use. I have a Hadaly here that I want to use with a VT Inbox for squonking but the build I use in the Rose3 is not right in there. I am going to have to try something else - looking as stainless steel builds when I have time...

I put a couple of threads up the other day for sharing builds https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...on/temperature-controlled-vaping/good-builds/ and another for sharing DNA profiles https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ature-controlled-vaping/dna-profiles-presets/ so if you have a reliable build set up then share it in there too @vapellie!

What device / tank are you using for TC mate?

@junglist I didn't realise you were in the TC fold! Favourite mod is minikin v2, every atty in my stable has the same 'boring' build: SS316L, 10 wraps, 3mm coil, 26awg, dual coil spaced = 0.3ohms. There was a phase I went adventurous and went for 12 wraps, but that's a story for another day hehehe!

Oh yeah, tell a lie, there is one exception to the rule: Serpent mini, same as above but single coil = 0.6-0.7 ohms :-)

Mod-wise, I love the minikin v2 the most of all my mods. I think the biggest reason is being able to adjust the 'locked' ohms. If I had a windows computer I'd probably be totally getting my Geeky rocks off on a DNA device, but until Escribe is available on a mac, it's pretty much meaningless to me (no bad thing for my pocket I feel!)

The gods of TC are false gods. Those who pray at the temple of Evolv have been misled, lied to and abused. The church of DNA has enslaved its followers by constraining their vape, by throwing them into the bondage and servitude of limited wire and build options. Wake up! Free yourselves!

Brandon of Evolv lied to you when he said "nobody needs more than 40W". He lied when he said "the safest wire is Nickel". He and his orange acolyte still lie to you today ... you are all slaves to Evolv's overpriced, market controlling offerings. You are slaves to a flat and dull TC vape. They lied to you when they said you'd get better coil life, longer wick life, freedom from burnt juice, better battery life. All of these are lies. Are you really such a novice that you need TC to avoid a dry hit? Why do you keep falling for their bullshit?

Take control of your vape! Choose whatever atty you want, choose whatever wire you want, use straight or complex wires, wick the way you know works not the way you're constrained to wick. Use the power of YiHi and set yourselves free! Set your vape up however you want ... use the right preheat, use a preset or define your own, define your power curves for the duration of your vape and save them, reuse them instantly, feel the resulting vape, redefine and readjust it, switch between memory settings as you switch atties, builds and juices, even mods. Work with your mod, don't be constrained by having to sit in front of a computer screen. Take back control, it's your vape!

I'll confess to a certain fondness for TC Vaping - and I certainly don't get a flat boring vape - I get a consistent flavourful vape, wicks that last for weeks and coils that last so long I can't remember when I made them. As for overpriced Evolv - Ha, give it a rest Scrumpers old bean - £45 for an SMY DNA75 That is massively customisable or £99 for a YiHi M class that barely manages to have memory slots...

Oh and on DNA's you can change between 8 profiles and select different materials, temps and wattages that are stored automatically all without going near a computer, but then unlike YiHi you've got a computer interface that allows you to customise screens, battery profiles, TCR, TCR Curves, led outputs, error messages, buttons, and more besides, you can log second by second firing data, resistance data, battery pack or individual cell voltage data, total power, puffs, mean power, puff, puff durations etc, etc, etc...

I understand your attempt to preach the gospel of YiHi but The FSM bids us "Think For Yourself", So I'll sit here and think you've had one to many sherries again...:P:lol1:

I'll confess to a certain fondness for TC Vaping - and I certainly don't get a flat boring vape - I get a consistent flavourful vape, wicks that last for weeks and coils that last so long I can't remember when I made them. As for overpriced Evolv - Ha, give it a rest Scrumpers old bean - £45 for an SMY DNA75 That is massively customisable or £99 for a YiHi M class that barely manages to have memory slots...

Oh and on DNA's you can change between 8 profiles and select different materials, temps and wattages that are stored automatically all without going near a computer, but then unlike YiHi you've got a computer interface that allows you to customise screens, battery profiles, TCR, TCR Curves, led outputs, error messages, buttons, and more besides, you can log second by second firing data, resistance data, battery pack or individual cell voltage data, total power, puffs, mean power, puff, puff durations etc, etc, etc...

I understand your attempt to preach the gospel of YiHi but The FSM bids us "Think For Yourself", So I'll sit here and think you've had one to many sherries again...:P:lol1:
hail the noodly appendage

that is all

I realise us Temp Controllers are a minority group amongst vapers, and I've lost track of who primarily vapes in TC on this forum, so confess who you are, and what's your preferred TC set up?

28g NiFe30 in my mini KF3, 26g NiFe48 in Ida Concept RDA. For KF5s I quite like a 32/28 SS clapton. For my Aeolus lite I use home made dual 32/28 NiFe48 Claptons.

I have stopped using all my other attys.

For mods, Pipeline Pro 2+ or DNA75 for single coil stuff, Cuboid for the Aeolus. The cuboid will be replaced with a DNA200 when it dies.

Inevitably, some are too far gone, too deluded to be saved from themselves. Stockholm Syndrome evident in the weak comparison with the old M Class and of course, the flat boring vape was what you always wanted. TC is, as it always has been, scrabbling for relevance.
Bless you.

I just use NiFe48 now and treat it pretty much like kanthal. Works beautifully.

hail the noodly appendage

that is all
havetouched.jpg

Back
Top Bottom