What's new

Temp control newbie. I must be doing something wrong?

tomhirvin

Postman
This is my first foray into temp control. I am using a DNA40 and have studied lots of build videos.

I'm using .32 Ni200 wire, 7 evenly spaced wraps, coming out at 0.10 ohms. Temperature is set to 430 (though I have tried lower with the same results) and i'm not getting a very good vape at all using my trusty Snake Oil.

Flavour is muted with a slightly 'smoky' though not burnt taste. There is very little vapour as well. It is certainly not the vape I know and love.

This can't be it surely - What am I doing wrong?

Very tempted just to stick to good 'ol fashioned Kanthal at this rate.

This is my first foray into temp control. I am using a DNA40 and have studied lots of build videos.

I'm using .32 Ni200 wire, 7 evenly spaced wraps, coming out at 0.10 ohms. Temperature is set to 430 (though I have tried lower with the same results) and i'm not getting a very good vape at all using my trusty Snake Oil.

Flavour is muted with a slightly 'smoky' though not burnt taste. There is very little vapour as well. It is certainly not the vape I know and love.

I got some Ni .5 coils for the subtank to try TC, WAAY too cool for me, just could get it to where I liked it without taking the TC setting to where it was way past the point of using it in the first place. Haven't used it since, and still have 4 coils left doin nothin.

What watts are you running it at? I've found I have to run tanks at a higher wattage than I would kanthal.
If you're trying to use nickle in a dripper on a dna 40 you'll probably find 40 watts won't cut it. 75 on the snow wolf just about gives an acceptable vape.

I am not getting much love from TC, I am whispering this... I will keep trying otherwise Tubbyengineer will bugger me in my sleep

I got some Ni .5 coils for the subtank to try TC, WAAY too cool for me, just could get it to where I liked it without taking the TC setting to where it was way past the point of using it in the first place. Haven't used it since, and still have 4 coils left doin nothin.

0.5 or 0.15 ? if 0.15 I may take those off your hands next week if you want to sell them :D

What atty are you using, don't forget too that too much wick will strangle the juice flow and cause the temp control to cut in as the coil gets hot far too quickly, that could give the symptoms you describe...

What atty are you using, don't forget too that too much wick will strangle the juice flow and cause the temp control to cut in as the coil gets hot far too quickly, that could give the symptoms you describe...

Tried it with a Rose V2 and a Lemo V1. Same effect with both.

Back
Top Bottom