What's new

Temp Control and MTL

@Simon G So you have to have an understanding of Temperature, i have no idea whet to turn it up to or turn it down to for that matter, no knowledge of it at all, i know mods go up to 600 and that's about it, then there is TCR where does that come in. It seems like a bit of a minefield to me.

@Simon G So you have to have an understanding of Temperature, i have no idea whet to turn it up to or turn it down to for that matter, no knowledge of it at all, i know mods go up to 600 and that's about it, then there is TCR where does that come in. It seems like a bit of a minefield to me.

You don't really need to worry about that. TCR is only really needed if you are using a wire that isn't in the presets.

All I do is wrap a spaced SS coil
set mod to SS
put atty on mod (with a cool coil)
set wattage to around double you usually vape at (if it's adjustable)
start around 380F (which should be very cool and not much vapour)
start to turn up the temp, 400F you should start getting an OK vape for MTL, but just keep going up until it's good for you.... I think P Busardo vapes around 420F but I prefer it a little lower.

Thanks @Simon G I appreciate you taking the time to explain it, so if i vape at say 12 watts i dial in at 24. Then adjust the temp to what i need, will give it ago. Can i just ask why you double the wattage ?. If it's a stupid question don't answer lol.

Thanks @Simon G I appreciate you taking the time to explain it, so if i vape at say 12 watts i dial in at 24. Then adjust the temp to what i need, will give it ago. Can i just ask why you double the wattage ?. If it's a stupid question don't answer lol.

It's just to make sure you have enough power to get the temp to where you have it set. It's not really that important as long as it's high enough. If you set it to the usual 12w that you use in wattage mode, then it may not ever get to where you have the temp set and that makes adjustment of the temp seem screwy or like it isn't doing anything..... does that make sense? .... like say you start at 380, then turn it up to 450 .... on a 3 second pull 12w probably wouldn't get to 450, so you'll be thinking "This isn't working, nothing is happening" ... you can set the watts to 40w or whatever, I just said double as a minimum but it doesn't matter too much.

if you set the wattage to 12 and the temp really high, it will just be like vaping in power mode. ... because it will just be using 12w and the temp control will never kick in.

for Tc you need to do the opposite, set the wattage high and the temp low. so you have more power than you need and the temprature control can do it's job of keeping the coil temp to where you want it.

it's all personal preference though I guess, some people might like the temp control just to kick in at the end of a pull or just to stop dry burns... so it's not the only way, but it just how I like it.

i found that the higher you set the watts, the quicker the temp is reached. so, having the watts at say, 60 (which was the max on the dna 60) it would reach the temp (230c) almost instantly. but at 20w there is a tiny wee ramp up, then it’s constant to the end of the draw.

i don’t really like it, but i try it out once in a while to see if i changed my mind.

@zouzounaki it's just something i would like to try, i have never taken a mod to the dizzy heights of 60 lol and usually DTL at around 30 watts, not a fan of warm vapes, once went to 50 but it was way to warm for me.

Back
Top Bottom