What's new

Temp Control advice

kersey

Achiever
I've decided to dable in the art of temp control as hate it on one of those rare UK days when we have hot weather and my tank is hot.

Anyway I've built a SS316 coil of 0.25 ohms and am using it on my Lost Vape Thelema. I'm running it at 36 watts and 225c and all seems fine, am getting good flavour so is that it as I though temp control always seemed complicated.

Vape the tank dry and see what happens, that'll tell you more than numbers ever will :D

Stainless steel is relatively inert but I'd get into the habit of not dry burning TC coils as other materials are dangerous to glow hard. Saying that, a light glow is OK, as long as it's no more than cherry-red.

For example hard glowing Titanium gives off a grey dust on the coil which is dangerous to inhale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks John, how would you advise to clean SS coils rather than dry burning?

The easy answer would be to replace, but SS I would just lightly glow, should be fine. I assume this is RDTL you're doing?

The easy answer would be to replace, but SS I would just lightly glow, should be fine. I assume this is RDTL you're doing?
Excellent, thanks for the advice. Yes, it'd DTL I use it for.

I generally use an old toothbrush to gently brush the crud off the coil once it's been lightly glowed and turns to an ash.

Back
Top Bottom