What's new

TC time

pal1dan

Postman
i have been planing to try TC out and tonite is gong to be the night

my mod THE SEGELEI 200W NOT THE 213 :18: this is the newer one im gong to try with

i have 26g ti ta1 and a coil magic stick cw for the tricky ti wire and a clone derrnger

help and advice would be apprected here folks

i have been reading about this for a while understand ti dry burning , dioxide etc "thanks to tubbys posts"

wsh me luck with the segellei :)

cheers

danny

If your wire is from Sealthvape, you're good to go. If it's from anywhere else, give it a good wash in soapy water before coiling. My advice is don't dry burn it at all. Just pulse it once at 600F. Once you have installed the legs, screw one down then, keeping the coiling rod in place, pull on the other leg with pliers to tighten up the coil, then screw it down. The coils have to be spaced, obv. Just stretch them gently on the coiling rod and push them back together for a neatly spaced coil. Wick them with little to no resistance to pulling the cotton through.
Good luck.

If your wire is from Sealthvape, you're good to go. If it's from anywhere else, give it a good wash in soapy water before coiling. My advice is don't dry burn it at all. Just pulse it once at 600F. Once you have installed the legs, screw one down then, keeping the coiling rod in place, pull on the other leg with pliers to tighten up the coil, then screw it down. The coils have to be spaced, obv. Just stretch them gently on the coiling rod and push them back together for a neatly spaced coil. Wick them with little to no resistance to pulling the cotton through.
Good luck.
This is all very sound advice - unless you're damn sure of yourself or very brave don't try dry burning Titanium, once you're used to working with it you can give it a try - but remember to stick to barely glowing and no more...

Good luck.

ok buddy thanks

just built very low on the derringer its sitting at 0.09 with two coils my mod said it goes down to 0.05

@Tubbyengineer
@Mr Numpty

how do u want me to wick this ? loose tightly inbetween ?

Last edited:
ok buddy thanks

just built very low on the derringer its sitting at 0.08 with two coils my mod said it goes down to 0.05

@Tubbyengineer
@Mr Numpty

how do u want me to wick this ? loose tightly inbetween ?

0.08 is pretty low. Most of us try to get up to 0.15 as a minimum with Ti (for accuracy of temp control) but see how you go. Yes, wick all TC coils loosely as above.

ok sitting at 0.09 with wick in

in tc ti mode
trying to lock resistance

sitting at 215c no problems

whats the most i can go with this wire mod goes up to 300c is that safe ?

was sittng at 230c but upto 265c alls good

nice clouds taste

thanks all

TC accomplished :dance:

flavour not as good as my doge or warhead

but just testing il build on them next

Back
Top Bottom