What's new

TC MTL advice please for TC beginner.

Alstoj79

Postman
Hi all TC vaping apes I would love to get a bit of advice.
I have ordered a Hcigar vt75D mod for use with TC. The atty I would like to use is the Cthulhu MTL RTA (tank not the RDA) which I am currently using with SS 26g or 28g with the smallest airflow restrictor in place. Not been great so far.
Need advice on a build for this RTA that will give a stable TC vape on the DNA75C board.
I have read a great thread on the types of TC wire to use, and will probably go with NiFe30 from stealthvape as this seems better than SS and not as tricky as Titanium!?
Thanks.

Hi all TC vaping apes I would love to get a bit of advice.
I have ordered a Hcigar vt75D mod for use with TC. The atty I would like to use is the Cthulhu MTL RTA (tank not the RDA) which I am currently using with SS 26g or 28g with the smallest airflow restrictor in place. Not been great so far.
Need advice on a build for this RTA that will give a stable TC vape on the DNA75C board.
I have read a great thread on the types of TC wire to use, and will probably go with NiFe30 from stealthvape as this seems better than SS and not as tricky as Titanium!?
Thanks.
NiFe 30 will be ideal with that tank and will indeed be easier to work with than Titanium. Build a spaced coil of whatever diameter suits the deck. It should easily achieve the approx 0.15 ohm minimal recommended resistance given that it is a single coil deck. From there you just want to import the NiFe 30 profile from steam engine and you're good to go. Don't dry burn NiFe 30, just pulse it once at 600F in NiFe mode and wick it loosely.

Thanks @Mr Numpty, I have read many of your post regarding TC. A guru it seems!
Before I go and google it, what sort of vape should I be expecting from this? Stealthy or cloudy?

Thanks @Mr Numpty, I have read many of your post regarding TC. A guru it seems!
Before I go and google it, what sort of vape should I be expecting from this? Stealthy or cloudy?
That's the second time this week I've been called a guru, when I'm nothing of the kind lol. The vape will depend on the atty rather than the wire as it relates to cloudage. What you can expect from the wire is a very consistent and even vape at whatever temperature of vapour you desire.

So depending on the temp determines the amount of cloudage? So I could go from stealthy to foggy? If so, that's brilliant as I wouldn't have to change attys when I want to dial it back a bit.

So depending on the temp determines the amount of cloudage? So I could go from stealthy to foggy? If so, that's brilliant as I wouldn't have to change attys when I want to dial it back a bit.

Hmm, yes and no really. Mostly no. :D The amount of vapour will mostly depend on the amount of air flow you're putting to the coil. The temp settings will mostly control the temperature of the vapour. However, if you shut the air flow down you will have less clouds and you may want to lower the temp settings to keep the vapour temperature where you prefer it. Conversely, opening the air flow up may see you increase the temp settings to maintain your favoured vapour temperature, without having to adjust the wattage.

This may make more sense once you're actually vaping on it. :D

lol, I agree it makes more sense when you are vaping on it.

I think we often over think it though and 'worry' about what setting the mod says on the screen, my advice would be to set the wattage a little higher than you usually vape at, set the temperature low and just up the temp until it feels right for you ... and if you feel like you want to up or lower it a bit during the day then just do that. it's really not that different to turning the wattage up and down in power mo0de.

.... what problems are you having with the SS, I use SS 316L for TC vaping on a DNA and it works fine for me.

@Alstoj79
Excellent advice from Guru @Mr Numpty (It means teacher in Sanskrit by the way). Most problems with TC come from either the coil resistance being unstable - use spaced coils to beat that or from too much wick - if you get a cold weak vape - try really wetting the coil and wick, if you get a couple of decent toots and it then quickly drops back to cold and weak then the coil isn't getting enough juice and heats up before it can produce any real vapour.
NiFe30 is an excellent beginners TC Wire, easy to work, fairly high resistance and a good resistance change from cold to hot - meaning a nice accurate TC result. I personally use Titanium most of the time but thats because I'm a bit lazy and a Titanium coil can last 2 or 3 months of all day use without issue, it is more difficult to work with though...

Ok. Thanks for the answers @Mr Numpty @simong & @Tubbyengineer.
Firstly @Mr Numpty - that makes perfect sense, airflow = clouds. Same as with wattage mode then.
Secondly @simong I currently dont have a decent TC mod. I've tried SS on the Alien and on a cuboid taptec, just not getting the result I thought I'd be getting (even though I posted earlier in the week that the new Alien firmware may have been better... its not!) but that could be down to Thirdly @Tubbyengineer post about wicking. Maybe I have it too tight.
How do I wick lightly enough for TC without danger of getting a leaky tank?

How do I wick lightly enough for TC without danger of getting a leaky tank?

Just use enough wick to fill the coil so it pulls through with very little resistance and doesn't move the coil much, and pay more attention to fluffing out the ends before training them down into the juice wells.

Back
Top Bottom