What's new

TC Just not For me?

wrldleigh

Initiate
Morning all,

I'm a relatively new ape, but have been vaping for years now (and even work in the industry, for my sins), however, one thing I've never been able to get my head around is TC. I understand it as a concept, and essentially how it works, what I don't get, though, is how it's satisfying.

I've got a couple DNA mods which I've often tried in temp control. Downloaded the correct profiles from Steam Engine, and got them onto my device of choice. I usually build with SS316L anyway, so have put together a spaced coil, got it running, locked the resistance when the coil's at room temperatures etc, and had a puff. Almost immediately the temperature limiting kicks in. the wattage to temp ratio isn't ludicrous either. I.e. on a 0.3Ω coil, I'd have the temperature at somewhere like 430F, and the Wattage at about 50w, so as to not immediately blast over the temperature.

Where am I going wrong, or is TC just not for me?

Last edited:
430celsius is 806 Fahrenheit I take it you mean Fahrenheit...

I do 316L @0.4 ohm 40w 490f get a great vape.

430celsius is 806 Fahrenheit I take it you mean Fahrenheit...

I do 316L @0.4 ohm 40w 490f get a great vape.

My bad, Yes, I mean Fahrenheit. It's a typo.

I just find it's not warm, or dense enough for me? It's just me, isn't it?

My bad, Yes, I mean Fahrenheit. It's a typo.

I just find it's not warm, or dense enough for me? It's just me, isn't it?
Turn up the temp? 430 is pretty low. I'm typically at 480F. Temperature limiting is supposed to kick in almost immediately, that's kind of the point, but it should continue to produce vapour. It may be that TC isn't for you but I've never had any trouble getting a dense and warm vape.

The vape for me is different for sure. Just seems smoother not so hard hitting.
Having said that, I still use wattage @35w-40w. if it wasn't on my Minikin v2 It wouldn't worry me .
A lot of people use TC because it's on their mods. Some like it, some don't.
If it don't suit you, use watts.

Turn up the temp? 430 is pretty low. I'm typically at 480F. Temperature limiting is supposed to kick in almost immediately, that's kind of the point, but it should continue to produce vapour. It may be that TC isn't for you but I've never had any trouble getting a dense and warm vape.

Noted. I'll have a look next time I'm inclined to try. Potentially it's my expectations.

The vape for me is different for sure. Just seems smoother not so hard hitting.
Having said that, I still use wattage @35w-40w. if it wasn't on my Minikin v2 It wouldn't worry me .
A lot of people use TC because it's on their mods. Some like it, some don't.
If it don't suit you, use watts.

Yeah, potentially it's not for me. I tend to stick to squonking and MTL for the most part these days, I just wanted to get it right, just to experience it as good as it can be, as I've got one of the pesky personalities that needs to know everything.

Maybe you’re right, I’ve found it’s not for me either. It seems unnecessary.

I like the idea of TC on paper, it sounds ideal being able to fire the coil without burning the cotton so no dry hits and a cleaner flavour change at the expense of the coil/cotton life. But in practice, I found it rarely worked. With factory coils at least, never tried with a RDA or RTA.

I found everytime I refilled the tank, the vape would be really weak. I'd have to reset and relock the resistance of the coil or up the temperature every time. I eventually gave up on it and just went back to wattage mode.

I like the idea of TC on paper, it sounds ideal being able to fire the coil without burning the cotton so no dry hits and a cleaner flavour change at the expense of the coil/cotton life. But in practice, I found it rarely worked. With factory coils at least, never tried with a RDA or RTA.

I found everytime I refilled the tank, the vape would be really weak. I'd have to reset and relock the resistance of the coil or up the temperature every time. I eventually gave up on it and just went back to wattage mode.
Yeah stock coils are horrible with TC. Gotta build your own for the best experience.

Back
Top Bottom