What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

TC help (again!)

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
I know I should probably post this in the TC forum, but it looks dead in there!
Still trying to get to grips with TC on my DNA250Cs. Done a build today with Stealthvapes NiFe30.
This is a huge improvement over my previous attempts using SS316L, I'm guessing because of the much bigger temperature variance in NiFe30.
I've got the correct SV TFR curve installed on the mods.
What seems to be happening is the baseline (cold) ohms are changing.
The build came out at around 0.25ohms. I was vaping on it for a good while at 230C and all was good. Suddenly, the actual temp of the vape shot up, and according to the mod it was struggling to hit the target temp with 30W of power.
I let the mod rest for around 15-20 mins and then re-read the resistance - it dropped to 0.23ohms. Once that was recalibrated, all was good again.
Is it normal for the baseline to move? I think that's what's been happening on the SS builds as well. Do people generally have to reread the resistance every so often to keep it accurate? Or am I missing something here?
TIA
Si

Have a play with Replay mode, set your wattage, vape until you get a good hit and select save. You can then replay that same vape over and over again every time you hit the fire button. No need to fiddle with pwr/temp/TCR settings, much easier.

Last edited:
Yeah the resistance was locked. I probably didn’t explain very well - the cold ohms registered by the mod aren’t changing until I change them - but the resting resistance doesn’t seem to stay fixed.

The ohms displayed in TC mode is a live reading when you hit the fire button. It will change depending on the coil temp, that is normal. Once I've measured and locked the cold resistance, I havn't had to reset it. Fyi I only use SS316L in TC mode and rebuild n wick once a week and dont need to reset inbetween.

The ohms displayed in TC mode is a live reading when you hit the fire button. It will change depending on the coil temp, that is normal. Once I've measured and locked the cold resistance, I havn't had to reset it. Fyi I only use SS316L in TC mode and rebuild n wick once a week and dont need to reset inbetween.
I’m probably not explaining very well - I built the deck and the mod read the cold ohms at 0.25. Everything was fine until the vape suddenly got much hotter. According to the readouts it wasn’t hitting 230C, but it clearly was, probably much higher.
I left the mod for around half an hour then reampled the coil - it came out at 0.23. So the cold ohms didn’t change on the mod - the actual cold resistance of the coil changed - which is what I’m assuming caused the temp control to be so off.
What I’m asking is - is that normal?

I get similar behaviour, just with mesh strips rather than coils. I am just in the habit of doing several cold ohm checks after I first rewick (which always involves a new coil with the mesh strips I use). I find the read can drop a fair bit (I measure down to 0.001 ohm, which is actually quite significant with mesh strips) over the first day, then it stabilises. If I were you I'd try getting new cold ohm reads (letting the device cool) a few times over the first day and see if that works better for you.

John R will say too much faff, just use replay, but it works for me :)

I just like using the technology for minimal hassle that just keeps working. DNA colour boards have been blessed by Replay, might as well use it I say. Hell even the Go boards have it and it's so awesome I bought another Orion a week or so ago.

I don't use Replay enough, and should probably give it more airtime :)

Back
Top Bottom