What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

TC Haywire On The Alien

makeyourself

Initiate
Just trying to think of a good thread title there :) How do people find TC on their Smok Alien mods? I've got the A version chipset and mine seems to be way off, with SS316L at least anyway. I've tried TCR values between 0.00075 and 0.00115 but oddly this doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference. On my last coil I had it set to 160C and I still ended up getting a full on dry hit once the coil was eventually knackered. On this coil I've got the opposite problem, I've got it set on 310C and it's hitting temp protection but tastes absolutely fine! Only thing I can think is that it's not reading initial resistance correctly. But I wasn't getting this issue on other mods with same tank setup.

Buy a Joyetech Espion. Superior to the Alien in 47 ways and TC that works beautifully.

Fabulous, glad I wasted £60 on that then, they shouldn't even be allowed to put TC in these devices if it doesn't work.

Personally I prefer mods that are on the smaller and lighter side, from one site seems like Joyetech Espion is 200g which is a bit heavier than I'd prefer. Any other recommendations? I don't mind paying decent money for it if it's actually going to last and it works properly, given the amount I've wasted on mods that don't.

Fabulous, glad I wasted £60 on that then, they shouldn't even be allowed to put TC in these devices if it doesn't work.

Personally I prefer mods that are on the smaller and lighter side, from one site seems like Joyetech Espion is 200g which is a bit heavier than I'd prefer. Any other recommendations? I don't mind paying decent money for it if it's actually going to last and it works properly, given the amount I've wasted on mods that don't.

The Alien is 230g, Espion is 146g and is tiny, but whatever suits you.

Other than mods with DNA boards, I find the TC on the eleaf pico with the arctic fox firmware works really well, it's what I'm vaping on right now.

can't get much smaller and lighter than that and it's cheap.

Back
Top Bottom