What's new

Strange isn't it?

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm confuddled!! ;)

Thus far, I have done several builds using ni200 .30 Wire in various RTAs, my UTA Clone, one of my Calix and now, in my newly acquired TaifunGT2 Clone. I have purposefully tried to keep to the same builds in them all. That is .30 wire wrapped at 2.5 diameter and at 8/9 Wraps which should give me .12ohms. Cotton Bacon for wicking. Temp set at 420F Wattage at 19.

The very first build was in the UTA. Probably not the ideal candidate, but all that was available at the time. After the much documented experimenting with different amounts of wick, I'd say this was moderately successful.

The Calix build was not a success, but I suspect that was down to user/operator error more than anything else.

However. I have just done a build in the Taifun GT2 Clone and all I can say is WOW!!! I know Nathan has remarked before that this is his "Go To" Atty for this sort of thing and I can certainly see why.
Whatever the reasoning, this Atty, with this build, at the above wattage is absolutely sensational. The only thing that has been changed is the liquid. All other attempts have been with my adv Manabush Chiricahua Sun. This time, purely because I have several units on the go already loaded with this Chiricahua Sun, I used HoL Cigarillos.

Whether it is just that the Stars were aligned, or the Gods were smiling upon me, I don't know, but at last, I have a very successful and very flavourful TC Vape!! I am delighted, whether this would convert me, I cannot say, but it certainly makes me feel considerably better having finally discovered what a TC vape "can" offer.:thumbup:

Well I'm confuddled!! ;)

Thus far, I have done several builds using ni200 .30 Wire in various RTAs, my UTA Clone, one of my Calix and now, in my newly acquired TaifunGT2 Clone. I have purposefully tried to keep to the same builds in them all. That is .30 wire wrapped at 2.5 diameter and at 8/9 Wraps which should give me .12ohms. Cotton Bacon for wicking. Temp set at 420F Wattage at 19.

The very first build was in the UTA. Probably not the ideal candidate, but all that was available at the time. After the much documented experimenting with different amounts of wick, I'd say this was moderately successful.

The Calix build was not a success, but I suspect that was down to user/operator error more than anything else.

However. I have just done a build in the Taifun GT2 Clone and all I can say is WOW!!! I know @Nathan has remarked before that this is his "Go To" Atty for this sort of thing and I can certainly see why.
Whatever the reasoning, this Atty, with this build, at the above wattage is absolutely sensational. The only thing that has been changed is the liquid. All other attempts have been with my adv Manabush Chiricahua Sun. This time, purely because I have several units on the go already loaded with this Chiricahua Sun, I used HoL Cigarillos.

Whether it is just that the Stars were aligned, or the Gods were smiling upon me, I don't know, but at last, I have a very successful and very flavourful TC Vape!! I am delighted, whether this would convert me, I cannot say, but it certainly makes me feel considerably better having finally discovered what a TC vape "can" offer.:thumbup:

I'd say it's down to the build deck on the GT2, very similar to the Heron, which also gives great results...
You might try lowering the temp to 390 and going to 20 on the wattage, but that's just my personal preference...

Nice one Rob. I'm not going to bother with Ni at all now, since Ti is really doing the job so well and by all accounts is easier to work with. Would recommend you give Ti a go also and see what you think.

After working with the lemo 2 since launch I have gotten my kanthal builds down to perfection. First coil with ti and its just a superior vape and no faff. Its actually vittually the same except its on a 3mm rod instead of 3.5. There is no break in time and no strange coil taste. I think tge taste is on par with my best kanthal builds.

What I am enjoying most is the extra control I get with my vape. So tone down tye temp in the morning and its soft and mellow. As it gets later dial it up and its a hard hitter. So really rather than dry hits which is really once in a blue moon its the full control I have which I am very happy with.

I'd say it's down to the build deck on the GT2, very similar to the Heron, which also gives great results...
You might try lowering the temp to 390 and going to 20 on the wattage, but that's just my personal preference...

Wise words Tubbyengineer ;) Works a treat at those settings!! ;)

Just got .25, .3 and .4mm ni200 today and think I will try same build as you Rob on my heron, first go at TC and I got plenty of atties to try it on but Tubbyengineer can't be ignored [emoji4]

I've been dual coiling the Epoch D1 with Ti, coming in at about 0.12 Ohms, and it has been utterly fantastic. I've had similarly great results from Ti dual coils in the Velocity, but conversely, the stock Ni coils I had in the Subtank mini were poor by comparison and caused the IPV D2 to constantly do the fluttering pulse width modulation business, something that never happens with the D1 and Velocity. So, nickel is the problem, I thought, but I've just set the STM up with titanium, and again the vape quality is relatively poor, I'm having to turn up the temp to 550ish to get a decent vape and the pulse width modification is still there. The coil came out at 0.25 Ohms.

Do single coils fare worse than dual coils as far as TC vape quality and in bringing on the pulse width business?

Is the higher Ohms the cause?

Might it just be that the Subtank mini isn't best suited to TC?

Strange, isn't it? ;)

I started getting the pulse using the heron with a single coil Ni200 at .17 ohm, 20w at 400F on a snowwolf. I was thinking something had gone tits up with the coil, it started off vaping fine, I was going to rebuild it tonight with thicker wire and maybe change the size of coil to see if it helped.

For what it's worth, which is probably zip, since turning the temp down to 390F and keeping the wattage at 20 I haven't had one pulse or flutter. Single Coil build using ni200 with a 2,5 Coil at 0.12ohms
in the TaifunGT11

Back
Top Bottom