What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Stainless Steel? OK or not worth it?

Have a reel of 28awg staring at me from my wire tub as we speak so will, more than likely, try a build over the weekend
Lovely stuff. You should find a big improvement in TC accuracy with that. You probably know already but be sure to make spaced coils. NiFe30 is very forgiving in that once you have installed the coil/s, you can take a micro flathead screwdriver and push the wraps around until you're happy with the spacing. No need to pulse them at all but one dry firing at 300C doesn't go amiss. Best of luck!

Have a reel of 28awg staring at me from my wire tub as we speak so will, more than likely, try a build over the weekend
Me too and some 29G, delivered so stealthily from @stealthvapes that my wife missed it.

I have previously tried SS in TC so it will be good to compare.

Received some 28/32 stainless clapton wire today. I'm intrigued to see how that goes [emoji4]

Did my first build with SS 316L tonight! Not bothered about TC so just did a regular contact coil.
9 wraps around 2.5mm. 0.2ohms.

uploadfromtaptalk1466719412523.jpg

Convinced it's improved the flavour of Heisenberg over a kanthal clapton. Lovely to work with too. Impressed!

Back
Top Bottom