What's new

Stable RTA for tc

UnderlineMe

Initiate
Been trying out TC using 316 and 430 ss, but I've noticed I have to increase or decrease the temperature throughout the day, looking for a tank thats MTL and rock solid as far as resistance fluctuating goes

Been trying out TC using 316 and 430 ss, but I've noticed I have to increase or decrease the temperature throughout the day, looking for a tank thats MTL and rock solid as far as resistance fluctuating goes

...... TC works by having an 'unstable' resistance wire, if it didn't 'fluctuate' it wouldn't work.

Kayfun 5 maybe? I beleive thats an MTL tank. I never heard of a tank affecting TC tho, its the wire you use isnt it?

The problem Im having is the base resistance of the coil with no heat applied has been fluctuating over the course of the day, leading to the tc being inaccurate, at least with stainless steel as the tcr is so low

SS resistance will go up when you fire it, if its changing without being fired you either have the coils touching the walls of the atty or your screws arent making a solid connection (under, or overtightening and breaking the wire) If you are testing resistance on an ohm meter try a fresh battery. The tank you use shouldnt affect your resistance in that way. Try tightening the 510 pin too. I only had that problem on a tank that i had the wrong screw in, it was jumping all over the place, the screws on the Lynx and Pharoah look the same but one was slighly longer and it was causing shorts and resistance changes. Until i figured out why I was baffled.
Is it 316 or 316L you are using? 316L doesnt work well for me in tc.

316l, but Ive also just got some 430, which seems to be working a lot better. Had a pallas rta arrive recently and it works a hell of a lot better in tc than my kayfun clones have. I had a look at the 510s in my v3 mini and v5 clones and they were covered in juice, which must have been what the main problem was, thanks for the advice guys

Hmmm.... I don't think that "covered in juice" would make any difference to be honest.

Some mods have a facility to change the outside temp so say you were vaping indoors you would set it to your room temp around the 70 - 80 deg.

It's important to have a stable build to begin with.

Some will lock the ohms when you first screw the attie on the mod because as others have mentioned the ohms will fluctuate whilst vaping.

I use the Kayfun 5 attie in TC with nife48 wire and find it very stable to be honest.

When you say that it changes through the day is there major temp changes outside the attie?

cheers

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom