What's new

smok h-priv kit tc mode help

Hey guys just wondering if we got to the bottom of this as im still not 100% on the tcr value i want to be using with the stock ss 'stc' dual micro coil (304 im guessing), how that value should change when i build with ss316L (ive heard anywhere from 0.00088-0.00105) and whether it'll make a difference using spaced vs unspaced vs clapton coils.

NB// having similar (granted, lesser) issues to OP even after proper cleaning

Hey guys just wondering if we got to the bottom of this as im still not 100% on the tcr value i want to be using with the stock ss 'stc' dual micro coil (304 im guessing), how that value should change when i build with ss316L (ive heard anywhere from 0.00088-0.00105) and whether it'll make a difference using spaced vs unspaced vs clapton coils.

NB// having similar (granted, lesser) issues to OP even after proper cleaning

Smok use 304 ss on the stc micro coil so you need the TCR set to 105. 316 as needs a TCR of 92. AFAIK the only smoke coil to use 316 as is the tfv4 full size coils.

Smok use 304 ss on the stc micro coil so you need the TCR set to 105. 316 as needs a TCR of 92. AFAIK the only smoke coil to use 316 as is the tfv4 full size coils.

Ok sweet cheers. I dont really use sub ohm tanks as a general rule as I build for myself. Just curious how spacing vs unspaced coils would change the TCR. Ive tried cotton browning testing with claptons and for them the temp control is pretty much unusable from what i can tell

Ok sweet cheers. I dont really use sub ohm tanks as a general rule as I build for myself. Just curious how spacing vs unspaced coils would change the TCR. Ive tried cotton browning testing with claptons and for them the temp control is pretty much unusable from what i can tell

I don't make my own tc coils only kanthal but I would think a spaced coil is necessary as you can't really pulse a tc coil to remove hotspots which are more likely with a contact (unspaced) coil.

Back
Top Bottom