What's new

Resistance And Temperature

SpennyStooge

Achiever
Eyup.

Right.... First time doing this TC malarkey, so apologies if I'm asking the obvious.

Just done a build using SS316L, 27ga, 2.5mm Id, 6/7 wraps. Pretty much yer standard. Put the atty on and it read 0.63ohms, which was what I expected, or thereabouts. Wacker the mod into TC mode and it's now reading 0.10ohms. Is this right?

Also, am I correct in thinking it's best vaped around the 400of - 480of mark? Showing 88 watts at 400of. Degrees, of course.

Cheers.

Eyup.

Right.... First time doing this TC malarkey, so apologies if I'm asking the obvious.

Just done a build using SS316L, 27ga, 2.5mm Id, 6/7 wraps. Pretty much yer standard. Put the atty on and it read 0.63ohms, which was what I expected, or thereabouts. Wacker the mod into TC mode and it's now reading 0.10ohms. Is this right?

Also, am I correct in thinking it's best vaped around the 400of - 480of mark? Showing 88 watts at 400of. Degrees, of course.

Cheers.

no that isn't right... it should read the coil resistance accurately.

unscrew the atty, let it cool for a bit and screw it back on.

unscrew the atty, let it cool for a bit and screw it back on.
Right... My mistake. I clicked 'No' when the mod asked me if it was a new atty. Just clicked 'yes' and it's now showing 0.66. Sorted.

I read somewhere it's best not to dry burn the coil, which I've not done. And also to leave it and the mod to acclimatise to room temperature. Done all that. Good to go, mate?

Right... My mistake. I clicked 'No' when the mod asked me if it was a new atty. Just clicked 'yes' and it's now showing 0.66. Sorted.

I read somewhere it's best not to dry burn the coil, which I've not done. And also to leave it and the mod to acclimatise to room temperature. Done all that. Good to go, mate?

Cool, cool.

You can (gently) dry burn SS that's not a problem, it's the other wires like Ti that you can't use in power mode where it isn't recommended.

sounds good to do to me, start low and just turn the temp up until you like what you are getting.

Cool, cool.

You can (gently) dry burn SS that's not a problem, it's the other wires like Ti that you can't use in power mode where it isn't recommended.

sounds good to do to me, start low and just turn the temp up until you like what you are getting.
Sorted. Cheers, mucker. Start around 400f, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom