What's new

PSA Yihi SL class v2

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

What a piece of shit, if you love your TC avoid like the plague. So many issues with the firmware, temps that don't stick, keeps defaulting back to 300F and won't increase no matter how hard you push the stick up.

And the kicker? http://www.yihisxmini.com/support.html?id=000002001011&pageno=1#hd

I'll highlight it just in case you missed it...

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 2.58.55 pm.png

So this broken arse POS is stuck with what it comes with...

FU Yihi, I'll be sticking with DNA or Dicodes from this point.

To all the "reviewers" who missed this huge ooops, get it up you. To be fair DJLSB did highlight it, but he's a sole voice howling against the wind of incompetence we otherwise have to put up with.

You truly have my sympathy, as I am in the same barrel. I bought mine literally the day it was released, never thinking that SXmini/Yihi could be so retarded. But there it is… After I found out it couldn’t be upgraded on the same video, I was incensed :mad: And on top of that the tc has software glitches!

I do, however, find that the tc does work better in Celsius. But the dynamic tc is just rubbish.

After investing in this bugger, I did some research and found the item below. It is for the SXmini Vi, but I am really wondering if it will work on the V2. That is, if there is an upgrade for this chip at all:eek:

kX9FItR.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt that dongle will help at all tbh.
A bit skeptical myself, of course. That’s why I haven’t picked one up, yet. It’s basically the chip that should be in the mod, an interface with the download software. I’m pretty sure it will work if the programming is the same on the Vi chip (which it probably is), but I’m going to have to figure out if they’ve actually written a patch for the V2 software and where to find it. Not sure why they would even write one, as it’s not upgradable :hmm:

Don’t use mine much due to the faulty tc, and don’t feel I can flog it either, as that’s just passing the problem along to someone else. The SX Link is on my wishlist for accessories, so I haven’t given up quite yet :22:But if I do purchase one, that’ll be the very last Yihi product I buy!

EDIT: The website doesn’t even list the SX730 chip, let alone an update for it, so I sent an email with some questions to both yihiecigar/SXmini. Don’t really expect an answer, but if I do get one, I’ll post it here.

Last edited:
I contacted them about it when I first got mine, customer service got back to me quickly and said they'd sort it out, their repair centre is in France though so I didn't bother.

But yeah a massive fuck up considering TC is what they're known for and it goes to show how many crap reviewer's there are.

*In case you didn't know you can change it to celcius adjust temp above the 300F then when you change it back it will display the farenheit temp, can't edit it once in farenheit though as it will cap to 300 again. I just used celcius instead, find the TC actually works very well so a big pity it has this problem.

Last edited:
Sunufabitch.... I was about to lob this as a giveaway, outstanding find.

Well that was a roller coaster of emotions. Feel like I need a nap now. :18:

It's just a wee bit of passion I felt the forum was lacking ;)

I could have went fuck it and lobbed it in a corner and forgot about it, happy I vented now :D

Which is a timely reminder to ALL of us?
NEVER, EVER, ASSUME THAT PEOPLE KNOW STUFF!!
I was guilty of doing exactly this, assuming that somebody KNEW how to get the best out of a device and therefore not mentioning its hidden idiosyncrasies. I have learned a lesson and I suspect several others have, though I doubt they'd ever admit it. :)

For myself, the SL V2 taught me never to take for granted that a company will continue its usual practice without confirming it. Firstly, they made this mod without the possibility of upgrading the software, and then they screwed up the 1.0 version on the mod. Never again will I purchase vape gear upon release :58: That’s my primary lesson, regardless if it works in Celsius… Many (most) reviewers are just marketing tools, and can’t really be held responsible; they can be shunned. Again, imo it’s Yihi that has should be accountable for not informing consumers or even doing a recall :17:

Back
Top Bottom