What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ofrf ss316L mesh

TC isn't a black art, but due to being underdeveloped and poorly implemented it's hassle...

I get a burnt wick in two very specific circumstances, both of which are purely due to laziness or forgetfulness - forgetting to drip or letting a tank run dry.

All I want from TC is to stop that happening on the rare occasions it might happen - which it does, more or less, but it also affects everything else.

It'll be fine for a while, then it just stops working (one way it stops working is to hit protect instantly when the coil has been used for a while). Or it throws a hissy fit if you go outside, or come back indoors, or put the heating on...

VW or VV (or mech) is easy - build, install, set (if applicable), use. Repeat a few weeks later.

I keep playing with TC and get it almost working, but am consistently disappointed...

I'm mostly MTL with the occasional foray with a mech for DTL and I don't touch mesh tbh. I mostly use NiFe30, Ni200 or Titanium in my MTL tanks as I get far better results due to the TCR being far higher than steel.

I'm mostly MTL with the occasional foray with a mech for DTL and I don't touch mesh tbh. I mostly use NiFe30, Ni200 or Titanium in my MTL tanks as I get far better results due to the TCR being far higher than steel.
Thanks for sharing I have just started venturing into MTL with a Vertex. I will keep these tips in mind.

Was trying to find a video of Big Lou coughing up a fireball to convey my feelings toward mesh... I failed :(

Was trying to find a video of Big Lou coughing up a fireball to convey my feelings toward mesh... I failed :(
I have a very similar T-Shirt from my early "mistakes" and that's enough of that :gunban:

Forgot to mention, spaced coils work better and if the mod or atomiser are shit, you're on to a loser, DNA, Yihi and Dicodes (pricey) are the best.

SS316L Mesh cut from a spool

This one use to work well for me with TC...

DIY-WIRE-VAND-71_VandyVape_Wire_Mesh_SS316_200_01_w_ml.jpg

The only reason I say "use to work" is I've personally found that although Mesh bellows out the vapour, something is missing, can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I like coils so much better.

I will have to look into replay...

Strongly recommend you do, it's similar to TC but better imho, very easy to master when you know how.

This one use to work well for me with TC...

Yes, that's what I am using :)

The only reason I say "use to work" is I've personally found that although Mesh bellows out the vapour, something is missing, can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I like coils so much better.

Coils. What's this blasphemy you speak of :) Quite happy with the mesh for the RTA's I'm using. That said, I do think that I will inevitably suffer the fate of many other Apes and crumble to the rantings (in the best possible way) about how great a particular RTA is and end up building or using coils (sorry for swearing) before too long :) I do enjoy playing around and did use to make my own.

Strongly recommend you do, it's similar to TC but better imho, very easy to master when you know how.

I did try it, it worked very well. I have 6 DNA Mods that are the best thing in the whole wide world for TC, so getting my £'s worth :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom