What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ofrf ss316L mesh

brightonvaper

Postman
So never really used TC but thought I'd give it a whirl on the profile unity with the nexmesh strips.
Should I be using the standard SS TC setting or is there a specific TCR rating to use for it?

Currently using the standard SS setting, 0.14ohms, 55w 420f getting a nice vape but just wondering if it could be dialed in further?

I'm very new to TC so I could be wrong, however, some brief reading tells me that mods generally set SS to the TCR of SS316L as the standard (except DNA mods which requires it to be added as a material). So you're probably ok with using the standard settings. Might be worth looking into your mod, although I don't know if that (default TCR) varies. Maybe a TC expert will eventually catch this thread.

Sounds like it's working, so that's a good thing :)

Having tried SS mesh in TC, it doesn't work well. Resistance is very low making it hard for the mod to determine any changes. I did get it working in Replay mode on a DNA C. Currently using it on the Profile PS, dual mesh in series to give 0.3ohm. If you want good profiles for various materials check Stealthvape, Rob did a set of profiles a year or two ago & they're very good for DNA devices.

Having tried SS mesh in TC, it doesn't work well. Resistance is very low making it hard for the mod to determine any changes. I did get it working in Replay mode on a DNA C. Currently using it on the Profile PS, dual mesh in series to give 0.3ohm. If you want good profiles for various materials check Stealthvape, Rob did a set of profiles a year or two ago & they're very good for DNA devices.

I've been quite successful with SS316L Mesh on DNA75C and DNA100C mods, and have been using it solely for about 6 weeks now. For me, the trick is to really make sure you get a good proper cold ohm read. After that, the mod reads the temp change well. My brother is successfully using the same mesh on a non DNA mod in TC as well, same approach. That said, it's not for the faint of heart :)

The thing about TC to remember is that apart from the onboard temp on the board for sensing heat overload, there is no other actual temperature sensing going on, what it's actually doing is sensing changes in resistance.

From this it's not hard to understand if there's no meat in the coil/mesh it finds it hard to read changes in resistance to work out the approximate temperature for that material. Similarly if the atomiser isn't calibrated from ambient local temperature, this can knock it way off, likewise vaping in TC outside in winter/summer can make it go mental too.

Add all these variables to the low TCR of steel, you're really working for your vape consistency.

The thing about TC to remember is that apart from the onboard temp on the board for sensing heat overload, there is no other actual temperature sensing going on, what it's actually doing is sensing changes in resistance.

Yes, perhaps I should have said "read the change in resistance" instead of "read the temperature". Device monitor has shown me a lot about how the mod behaves when firing in TC mode.

From this it's not hard to understand if there's no meat in the coil/mesh it finds it hard to read changes in resistance to work out the approximate temperature for that material. Similarly if the atomiser isn't calibrated from ambient local temperature, this can knock it way off, likewise vaping in TC outside in winter/summer can make it go mental too.

Add all these variables to the low TCR of steel, you're really working for your vape consistency.

No argument from me, it was a right pain to get right. But now I have a bit of a clue, I am able to get satisfactory results consistently, which is all I am after :) Like I said, not for the faint of heart.

EDIT: I will have to look into replay...

Sorry if it came across as snooty, wasn't meant that way (seems I've a knack of rubbing some folks the wrong way, my brevity sometimes seen as being curt). Any questions you have, just fire away, we're all here to help.

There are far too few enjoying the benefits of not breathing in burnt wick so the more people who get to grips with TC the better as far as I'm concerned. It's time to dispel the myth of it being a black art and help get people going for their health's sake. (Climbs off soapbox) :D

There are far too few enjoying the benefits of not breathing in burnt wick so the more people who get to grips with TC the better as far as I'm concerned. It's time to dispel the myth of it being a black art and help get people going for their health's sake. (Climbs off soapbox) :D
The Lost Vape UB Pro P3 coil that comes with the Grus/Thelema Quest/Cyborg Kits is SS904L and works perfectly in TC. Set up and go, no black art there :) That's what got me into TC. Now I'm there I want to stay there :)

Back
Top Bottom