What's new

NiFe30 advice

rob77

Postman
Hi guys

I have just received some 28g NiFe30 from stealthvape and have built a 3mm coil of 8 wraps @ 0.26ohm. Now I know that stealthvapes TCR value is 500 and I have set this in to my mod (modefined sirius) but as soon as I try and vape at around 450F its throttles straight away and I hardly get any vapour.

I have been playing with the TCR value on the mod and if I up it to around 590 it becomes ok. Is this normal for a mod to be out as much as this?

Loving the flavour off of the NiFe30 by the way and it vapes really smooth compared with SS 316l I have been using.

Cheers

Hi guys

I have just received some 28g NiFe30 from stealthvape and have built a 3mm coil of 8 wraps @ 0.26ohm. Now I know that stealthvapes TCR value is 500 and I have set this in to my mod (modefined sirius) but as soon as I try and vape at around 450F its throttles straight away and I hardly get any vapour.

I have been playing with the TCR value on the mod and if I up it to around 590 it becomes ok. Is this normal for a mod to be out as much as this?

Loving the flavour off of the NiFe30 by the way and it vapes really smooth compared with SS 316l I have been using.

Cheers
Hi Rob. The likeliest culprit is wick too tight in the coil. TC wicks have to be more loose than those for power mode. You wrapped a space coil, did you? If your mod's TC chip is any good you shouldn't have to alter the TCR value from 500.

Hi Rob. The likeliest culprit is wick too tight in the coil. TC wicks have to be more loose than those for power mode. You wrapped a space coil, did you? If your mod's TC chip is any good you shouldn't have to alter the TCR value from 500.

Thanks mate

The wick is ok I think. I have tried the same coil on the Smoant charon I have and that was fine set at 500. They have just released an update for the Sirius but unfortunately this didn't change anything to do with TCR.

Thanks mate

The wick is ok I think. I have tried the same coil on the Smoant charon I have and that was fine set at 500. They have just released an update for the Sirius but unfortunately this didn't change anything to do with TCR.
Ah right, probably the chip not performing well then as you say. I guess you'll just be forced to tinker with the TCR setting right enough. I've heard the Smoants are quite good in TC. The Wismec/Joyetech mods have excellent chips also, as do the DNA mods ofc.

Ah right, probably the chip not performing well then as you say. I guess you'll just be forced to tinker with the TCR setting right enough. I've heard the Smoants are quite good in TC. The Wismec/Joyetech mods have excellent chips also, as do the DNA mods ofc.

Thanks Mr numpty

I think it's performing ok but just has the values wrong. Funnily enough though SS 316l performs like it should in TC mode and set to SS. I've messaged them on Facebook so hopefully they can look in to it and perhaps fix it with a firmware update in the future.

Ok just tried it on the Smoant again at 500 and it is the same lifeless vape. I think before when I tried it smoant I had put on the rba when the coil was still warm meaning the ohms were higher. So now I don't think the Sirius is at fault but perhaps the wires TCR value is wrong.

Still sounds like a wicking problem as Mr Numpty said. Is the coil spaced? Have used stealth vapes NiFe30 before and the TCR they quote is correct so its not that, TC wicking is quite different from normal wicking and is usually the problem, it needs to be very loose compared to power mode wicks.

Ok just tried it on the Smoant again at 500 and it is the same lifeless vape. I think before when I tried it smoant I had put on the rba when the coil was still warm meaning the ohms were higher. So now I don't think the Sirius is at fault but perhaps the wires TCR value is wrong.
The TCR is correct depending on how your mods accepts TCRs. On Joyetech mods it would be input as 500. What wattage do you have set?
Stealthvape NiFe30.JPG

Thanks guys

I'm going to try with a bit less wick. I've been used to using 24g SS 316l and I found I had to wick that fairly tight as I'd get a burning taste otherwise. I'm also using cotton bacon if that makes any difference?

Wattage I've set around 35-40

Cheers

I've tried with less wick and it didn't seem to make any difference. The vape was still cold and lifeless :(

I've just wrapped some 24g 316l I got from stealthvape on a 3.5mm coil 7 wraps @ 3.5ohms and the difference is like night and day. Set my mod to 316l and even at the low 370F it still is warmer and more flavoursome than the NiFe30.

The reason I was trying the NiFe30 was that I got a sore throat with the SS, that was a different brand. I'm hoping this is better :)

Edit: Just as an experiment I tried setting the TCR value for the 316l to 88 which is the recommended value according to steam engine. I get the same lifeless vape from it as I did with NiFe30 at 500. The SS316l setting on mine seems to be around 120 TCR which gives me a similar vape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom