What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ni200 resistance???

Jvape96

Initiate
I'm quite new to the world of temperature control... I'm using innokin MVP 4 with the isub s tank using ni200 coils... can anyone give me an idea on what resistance should be reading? It goes from 0.11 to 0.25 when vaping... is this normal/safe? Also does the ramp up wattage really matter in terms of how high it's set? Thanks

Mvp 4 mod has max working amp on 30amp & 100w

Is it safe ? On the 0.25 ohms , yes.
On the 0.11, it is on the edge if calculated by the ohms law. Almost unsafe.

For ensuring the safety, just vape at 90w and below, As it just pull 28.60 amps and below if you're using lower wattage.

all you need is to understand the ohm laws.

Hope it helps
1486853671695.jpg

Last edited:
Er

For ensuring the safety, just vape at 90w and below, As it just pull 28.60 amps and below if you're using lower wattage.

Hope it helps
View attachment 118076[/QUOTE

Erm, i think the original poster is asking about using the Ni200 coils so should only be used in temp control. The wattage selected in temp control is set to get it to the desired temp selected and i would advise setting the wattage so that it ramps up to the desired temp not too quickly otherwise it will be a poor vape. @Jvape96 , what ohm ni200 coils are you using , are they the 0.1 ohm or the 0.2 ohm innokin coils ?

Hope it helps
View attachment 118076
Erm, i think the original poster is asking about using the Ni200 coils so should only be used in temp control. The wattage selected in temp control is set to get it to the desired temp selected and i would advise setting the wattage so that it ramps up to the desired temp not too quickly otherwise it will be a poor vape. @Jvape96 , what ohm ni200 coils are you using , are they the 0.1 ohm or the 0.2 ohm innokin coils ?

For say 210-230 degrees Celsius what wattage setting would you say would be in the right range? And they're the ni200 0.1 ohm coils. Thanks :)

For say 210-230 degrees Celsius what wattage setting would you say would be in the right range? And they're the ni200 0.1 ohm coils. Thanks :)
I would start at about 30-35watts and see how it vapes at that watts setting in temp crontrol mode ( NOTE ONLY IN TEMP CRONTROL MODE USE THOSE COILS) and then adjust from there. Basically you dont want it hitting "temp protect" too early. the watts setting is just a ramp up to get it to the desired temp. If you find it's not the desired vape then adjust the watts upwards until you get the vape you require and like. Hope that helps and all the best

I would start at about 30-35watts and see how it vapes at that watts setting in temp crontrol mode ( NOTE ONLY IN TEMP CRONTROL MODE USE THOSE COILS) and then adjust from there. Basically you dont want it hitting "temp protect" too early. the watts setting is just a ramp up to get it to the desired temp. If you find it's not the desired vape then adjust the watts upwards until you get the vape you require and like. Hope that helps and all the best
That's excellent il do that! Thanks! Is it normal for resistance to jump from 0.11 ohms to 25 whilst vaping? As in whilst the button is held down?

I don't know anything about the mod, nor the coils, but are you locking the ohms? It is recommended to do thing while the coil is at rest, i.e. room temp.

That's excellent il do that! Thanks! Is it normal for resistance to jump from 0.11 ohms to 25 whilst vaping? As in whilst the button is held down?
Hi , well the resistance will change as the coil heats up and show that on the screen. i dont have the mvp4 but do have the coolfire 18650tc mod with the "Atheon" chip in it . does the mvp4 have that same chip ?. also can you lock the resistance on it ?. i take it you are looking at the screen as you fire it and seeing the ohms change ?. as tooting yoda says the resistance will change ,as it's ni200.

When you use it as it heats up from "room temperature" and the resistance of the coil changes which is how the mod calculates the resistance change and adjusts the temp accordingly. May i suggest that you take a look at the "temp control" section of this forum where it will be explained in many threads on here, as it would take me a while to explain it all to you and there are many good reads in that section. Hope that helps and all the best

Back
Top Bottom