What's new

Ni200 - Annealed or Tempered?

Same one I got VERBATIM lol ;).
Cool. [emoji2]

On the basis that he follows through, i respect the guy for taking it on the chin and dealing with it rather than just saying...... You paid for wire, you got wire, now piss off. Lol

Cool. [emoji2]

On the basis that he follows through, i respect the guy for taking it on the chin and dealing with it rather than just saying...... You paid for wire, you got wire, now piss off. Lol

Lol, exactly :).

I pointed out to him that despite my email being sent independently without knowing others had sent one too, at the end of the day their products were causing confusion that can end up in a nasty end result from incorrect TCR inputs.

I've not yet received my recent NiFe order either, so I'll just have to hope that whatever they publish corresponds with what they send me. But, he's replied to me on the basis of me not as yet having received any wire (recently), so yes, it's great they're listening to customers and our timing may have helped too. If it's way off it's easily evident though, hopefully at worse a tank that spits at you like a very upset moggy and the kind of hit that ensures your tearducts get well and truly flushed is the worst that happens ;).

Bad wire and bad numbers, they'll lose sales. I also pointed out that customers that aren't confused and can trust the numbers they enter from the source will mean happy confident customers. He's also aware they're being discussed on forums such as here too, which always helps :) :D.

Obviously you got some NiFe that the numbers were way off and got a nasty result :(??? Good that they'll replace that too for free too :).

I had an order that apparently got lost in the postal system. It was a pretty pricey order as well with loads of different material wires at different gauges, I emailed asking where it had got to and they said it it hadn't turned up by the next day they'd resend the whole thing. Luckily for them it did, but it wasnt recorded or anything and it's just as well Im honest or they'd have been sending out £80 odds worth of wire again lol ;).

Their customer service has been pretty good to me over time :). Could be a lot worse!!

@Arctic_Wolf

so you know, the nife48 works well with the published TCR of 0.00310; I've had it in my mini v3 for a few days, no issues at all

My problem has been the nife52:
seemed to kind of work using TCR of 0.00120 (published figure 0.00340)
wrong resistance, (out by about 10%)
and seemed too thick for the gauge I'd ordered.

Chris has taken this at face value and is sending more - bloody decent bunch.

@Arctic_Wolf

so you know, the nife48 works well with the published TCR of 0.00310; I've had it in my mini v3 for a few days, no issues at all

My problem has been the nife52:
seemed to kind of work using TCR of 0.00120 (published figure 0.00340)
wrong resistance, (out by about 10%)
and seemed too thick for the gauge I'd ordered.

Chris has taken this at face value and is sending more - bloody decent bunch.

The guys were saying earlier in this thread that someone had recently purchased some of their NiFe52 and things hadn't quite added up correctly and it was causing confusion. When you mentioned a replacement was being sent out plus you received the same reply I did, just put two and two together lol ;).

I ordered a load of NiFe30 from Stealthvape and a load of NiFe48 from them, so hopefully I'll be ok. I saw the NiFe52 and nearly ordered, but then I though nah, it's so close to NiFe 48 how much difference would there actually be to me, a NiFe noob lol ;).

This is my first play around with NiFe so the 30 and 48 should keep me amused for the time being, and hopefully keep my eyebrows too :p.

Yup, their after sales do seem quite caring. I think the whole vaping scene has significantly increased their business too. It probably helps that they actually manufacture the wire too, get it wrong and they just need to run an extra 100 metres on the end of someone elses order and send it out ;). As you say, decent bunch :D.

As above, you can get the .csv for stealthvape NiFe30 from steam engine's wire wizard (click the DNA200 tab in "temperature control" box where the graph is. The Crazy Wire Co NiFes aren't on there, for those you need to create a custom material on Escribe using the TCR (instructions are in that thread I liked to above). For other mods like the cuboid, you could run Stealthvape NiFe30 in Ni mode, but if you have the option of using a custom TCR, I would do it that way (0500 for Stealthvape NiFe30) because you won't have to remember to use a (small) temp offset. I would only run it in Ni mode on mods where that is the only option. The other NiFes with TCRs in the 300-400 range would run OK in Ti mode (I used to do this on my IPV D2), but again you're better off using custom TCR if you have that option.

Hey bud,

When you say NiFe48 will work in Ti mode but you need to offset the temp.....

...Do you have to offset the temp up or down using NiFe48 in Ti please mate??? Am I right in saying that Vape Mesh Co NiFe48 is actually NiFe52 from other sources, and that's what caused the confusion?? I don't suppose the NiFethal52 .csv on SteamEngine would work for just NiFe52 would it?

My Vape Mesh Co wire should be arriving soon, want to try and basically come up with a custom TFR curve, graph, thingy (lol) for NiFe48 to use on my DNA's and upload it to all of them. If I know which way to go, up or down, I can have a play around and hopefully come up with a decent one :).

Have you made your own custom or are you just running off Ti still on your DNA's?

@allen . They still don't seem to have added the info promised yet do they!!! Surely they must know the data on the wires they're producing!!??!?!?!?!!!!!??. Even I could edit their website just to add that information and add a button to be able to download a csv for dna mods as well lol. Hope he wasn't just placating us, gggrrr!!

@allen . They still don't seem to have added the info promised yet do they!!! Surely they must know the data on the wires they're producing!!??!?!?!?!!!!!??. Even I could edit their website just to add that information and add a button to be able to download a csv for dna mods as well lol. Hope he wasn't just placating us, gggrrr!!

I've now got nife 48, 52 and 70 from them.
They are all different. And all seem to work pretty well.
The number in the name is the %age of nickel in the wire.
(Nifethal52 is not the same thing and has a different TCR)

This, oddly, means their nife70 is (as @danb predicted) pretty much (99%+) identical to stealthvapes nife30 (as this also has 70% nickel, despite the name). I've tried the nife70 using the csv profile for SV's nife30 from steam-engine and it works fine with this.

They have updated their website and bless them they've presented the tcr in a weird way but its even on the wire icon now as well as in the description. They're stating the tcr for nife52 as 3400..... I suppose it all depends what device you're using.

With my mods: dna = 0.00340 and for a joytech = 0340.
I've got it in a dripper right now and it's running nicely. Its just a little cooler than the 48 so i tend to run it 220C and 40 watts. I've been running the nife48 at 210C. But i like a cooler vape anyway.
As titanium tends to be 0.00350 you probably could run it as that if you want as it's pretty damn close.

I've got to say i feel for chris at crazy wire....... I ordered some of the first batch of 52 and it was appalling ; now I've got some of the new batch and it is totally, totally different. I honestly suspect they've been sent a batch of mislabelled spools and this has caused a lot of confusion. Entirely out of their (crazy wires) control and why would you suspect its the wrong wire until you chuck a coil on a mod and press fire? [emoji55]

I've got a big suspicion that first batch was actually stainless steel: the resistance was about right for SS and - crucially - it has no magnetic properties. The only wire I've got that a magnet won't stick to is SS

Crazy wire seem to have been shafted on that first batch and are still trying to pick themselves up from being bent over by the supplier.
I know it might seem as I'm defending them but I'm not.... It's just facts (as i see them, anyway)
They're working hard to sort out the confusion this seems to have caused.

They're also going to get their techie people to try to obtain csv files for their wires asap - but they need to collect the figures needed for this.
I dont think theyre dicking us around, its just vaping is not their main area of expertise. They know everything for industrial use..... Just not wicking it and pouring custard over it [emoji6]

Personally, it works well enough for me with those published TCRs

If it helps, here's a zip file with 4 CSVs:
nife70 using a TCR 0.00500
Steathvape nife30 (downloaded with thanks from steam-engine)
nife48 using a TCR 0.00310
nife52 using a TCR 0.00340

I hope these help?

Attachments

• CSVs for nife.zip
    912 bytes · Views: 293
Last edited:
Hey bud,

When you say NiFe48 will work in Ti mode but you need to offset the temp.....

...Do you have to offset the temp up or down using NiFe48 in Ti please mate???

Basically, compare your wire's TCR to the TCR of Ti:

If the TCR of the wire is higher than Ti, you will have to set the temp higher than usual in Ti mode
If the TCR of the wire is lower than Ti, you will have to set the temp lower than usual in Ti mode

To get a ballpark figure, let's call your wire's TCR "A" and Ti's TCR "B". The offset (in C) is roughly:

Offset = 200*[(A/B)-1]

So for Zivipf NiFe48, A = 400. For Ti mode, B = 360, and offset = +22 C
For Crazy Wire NiFe48 in Ti mode, A = 310, B = 360, offset = -28 C

These calculations are ball park, you will need to adjust to find the right spot.

On a DNA you are better off creating a specific profile in escribe (which @allen has done and uploaded above).

Basically, compare your wire's TCR to the TCR of Ti:

If the TCR of the wire is higher than Ti, you will have to set the temp higher than usual in Ti mode
If the TCR of the wire is lower than Ti, you will have to set the temp lower than usual in Ti mode

To get a ballpark figure, let's call your wire's TCR "A" and Ti's TCR "B". The offset (in C) is roughly:

Offset = 200*[(A/B)-1]

So for Zivipf NiFe48, A = 400. For Ti mode, B = 360, and offset = +22 C
For Crazy Wire NiFe48 in Ti mode, A = 310, B = 360, offset = -28 C

These calculations are ball park, you will need to adjust to find the right spot.

On a DNA you are better off creating a specific profile in escribe (which @allen has done and uploaded above).

Yup, just seen his uploaded csv, hopefully that will help thanks :). Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated :).

Where can you add just a TCR value on a DNA please mate?? I've pretty much got the DNA's and Escribe totally sussed now, the one area I was behind was the materials tab. Have got sourcing and adding csv files sorted now (I've used Steamengine for ages for planning and working out builds etc), the one thing I don't know is where you can enter just a TCR value like you would on a Cuboid or the standard RX for example?? I even know how to make the custom screens, that's relatively simple, I just have the artistic imagination and flair of a Chimp lol ;).

I've now got nife 48, 52 and 70 from them.
They are all different. And all seem to work pretty well.
The number in the name is the %age of nickel in the wire.
(Nifethal52 is not the same thing and has a different TCR)

This, oddly, means their nife70 is (as @danb predicted) pretty much (99%+) identical to stealthvapes nife30 (as this also has 70% nickel, despite the name). I've tried the nife70 using the csv profile for SV's nife30 from steam-engine and it works fine with this.

They have updated their website and bless them they've presented the tcr in a weird way but its even on the wire icon now as well as in the description. They're stating the tcr for nife52 as 3400..... I suppose it all depends what device you're using.

With my mods: dna = 0.00340 and for a joytech = 0340.
I've got it in a dripper right now and it's running nicely. Its just a little cooler than the 48 so i tend to run it 220C and 40 watts. I've been running the nife48 at 210C. But i like a cooler vape anyway.
As titanium tends to be 0.00350 you probably could run it as that if you want as it's pretty damn close.

I've got to say i feel for chris at crazy wire....... I ordered some of the first batch of 52 and it was appalling ; now I've got some of the new batch and it is totally, totally different. I honestly suspect they've been sent a batch of mislabelled spools and this has caused a lot of confusion. Entirely out of their (crazy wires) control and why would you suspect its the wrong wire until you chuck a coil on a mod and press fire? [emoji55]

I've got a big suspicion that first batch was actually stainless steel: the resistance was about right for SS and - crucially - it has no magnetic properties. The only wire I've got that a magnet won't stick to is SS

Crazy wire seem to have been shafted on that first batch and are still trying to pick themselves up from being bent over by the supplier.
I know it might seem as I'm defending them but I'm not.... It's just facts (as i see them, anyway)
They're working hard to sort out the confusion this seems to have caused.

They're also going to get their techie people to try to obtain csv files for their wires asap - but they need to collect the figures needed for this.
I dont think theyre dicking us around, its just vaping is not their main area of expertise. They know everything for industrial use..... Just not wicking it and pouring custard over it [emoji6]

Personally, it works well enough for me with those published TCRs

If it helps, here's a zip file with 4 CSVs:
nife70 using a TCR 0.00500
Steathvape nife30 (downloaded with thanks from steam-engine)
nife48 using a TCR 0.00310
nife52 using a TCR 0.00340

I hope these help?

Aaahh ok,. Thanks bud. TYVM for that csv.

Will try that out when the NiFe48 arrives and I've knocked up some coils. I prefer a cooler longer vape as well, as opposed to a very short sharp hot hit. I think the NiFe at around the 50% area will be more suited to me than the Stealthvape Nife30 which produces some pretty low ohm builds. But, I will be trying it out as I do vape and enjoy one of my VC's on a 0.2 Ni200 coil :).. It's why I've really liked using SS316L because of the higher resistance than Ni200 for a cooler vape. I've really noticed the difference using SS on the DNA mods over the standard mods however. SS quite frankly to me seems better on a standard RX or a Cuboid than the DNA's lol. Hence me being open to a change as I've really enjoyed using SS and the builds I've been using on non DNA mods but it's just not the same on the DNA. I was assuming it would have been the other way around.

Aaahh, I see what you mean about them adding the TCR in the description at http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...-0.25mm--250-Micron---30-AWG--250.html#SID=88 as an example. I've always ordered mine from here http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com . LOL. EXACTLY the same people and EXACTLY the same product, just to add even more confusion, they have 2 websites lol. NNOOOOOHHOOOOOOO FFS PMSL :D. I was checking the second link for the info and they haven't updated the seco website. From now on I'll check in for information via the wire and stuff link and order from there instead now too thanks ;).

The Vape Mesh Co/Crazy Wire actually produce the wire dont they?? On the Vape Mesh Co site it used to say on the description of some wires the waiting time as they produced your items to order rather than having lots of different wires pre spooled. I got the impression they actually made the wires, not just spool or respool pre made wires??????

Either way lol. Hopefully things are coming along and I'll switch the site I was using and ordering from to the other one :). The old adage of "being on the same page" definitely applies here hehe ;).

THANKS AGAIN GUYS :).

Yup, just seen his uploaded csv, hopefully that will help thanks :). Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated :).

Where can you add just a TCR value on a DNA please mate?? I've pretty much got the DNA's and Escribe totally sussed now, the one area I was behind was the materials tab. Have got sourcing and adding csv files sorted now (I've used Steamengine for ages for planning and working out builds etc), the one thing I don't know is where you can enter just a TCR value like you would on a Cuboid or the standard RX for example?? I even know how to make the custom screens, that's relatively simple, I just have the artistic imagination and flair of a Chimp lol ;).

Aaahh ok,. Thanks bud. TYVM for that csv.

Will try that out when the NiFe48 arrives and I've knocked up some coils. I prefer a cooler longer vape as well, as opposed to a very short sharp hot hit. I think the NiFe at around the 50% area will be more suited to me than the Stealthvape Nife30 which produces some pretty low ohm builds. But, I will be trying it out as I do vape and enjoy one of my VC's on a 0.2 Ni200 coil :).. It's why I've really liked using SS316L because of the higher resistance than Ni200 for a cooler vape. I've really noticed the difference using SS on the DNA mods over the standard mods however. SS quite frankly to me seems better on a standard RX or a Cuboid than the DNA's lol. Hence me being open to a change as I've really enjoyed using SS and the builds I've been using on non DNA mods but it's just not the same on the DNA. I was assuming it would have been the other way around.

Aaahh, I see what you mean about them adding the TCR in the description at http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...-0.25mm--250-Micron---30-AWG--250.html#SID=88 as an example. I've always ordered mine from here http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com . LOL. EXACTLY the same people and EXACTLY the same product, just to add even more confusion, they have 2 websites lol. NNOOOOOHHOOOOOOO FFS PMSL :D. I was checking the second link for the info and they haven't updated the seco website. From now on I'll check in for information via the wire and stuff link and order from there instead now too thanks ;).

The Vape Mesh Co/Crazy Wire actually produce the wire dont they?? On the Vape Mesh Co site it used to say on the description of some wires the waiting time as they produced your items to order rather than having lots of different wires pre spooled. I got the impression they actually made the wires, not just spool or respool pre made wires??????

Either way lol. Hopefully things are coming along and I'll switch the site I was using and ordering from to the other one :). The old adage of "being on the same page" definitely applies here hehe ;).

THANKS AGAIN GUYS :).

first thing, how to add a TCR on DNA:

create and name a new material and then go to the "Actions" button under the bottom right hand corner of the graph.
2 new options appear in a pop up box. pick the lower option

JUST REMEMBER TO WATCH THE FORMAT:
cuboid 0340 = DNA 0.00340
cuboid 0092 = DNA 0.00092
(0.00920 acts very weird! been there, done that)

upload_2016-8-31_20-55-33.png

By the way, if you prefer SS on non DNA mods, it might be because it's a straight TCR rather than a CSV curve.
you could always use the method above to create an alernative material that uses a TCR.
just a thought.
Sometimes I prefer to vape 316 using the 316L settings and vice versa; it varies with resistance and flavour.

BTW, you think it's bad wire and stuff / vape-mesh have 2 sites? they used to have 3!! crazywire.co.uk , wireandstuff.co.uk and vapemesh.....
I'd guess they're trying to tidy it up by reducing to 2. LOL.
One of the things I gave feedback on was the inconsistent availability of this info on their sites; even down to TCRs being on some thicknesses of a certain material but not on other thicknesses of the same material. Chris stated he's going to give one of his team a poke to go through and check it's consistently on the listings

When I said 'their supplier' I suppose I meant their factory and I'm assuming it's a different site from their outlet side of things. kinda like my local tesco doesn't make the cheap n nasty lasagne on their shelves :54: lol

Disclaimer:
I'm fairly new to TC and DNA and much of what I've said could be a crock of shit :2thumbsup:
(but it works for me, so I'm happy)

Last edited:
first thing, how to add a TCR on DNA:

create and name a new material and then go to the "Actions" button under the bottom right hand corner of the graph.
2 new options appear in a pop up box. pick the lower option

JUST REMEMBER TO WATCH THE FORMAT:
cuboid 0340 = DNA 0.00340
cuboid 0092 = DNA 0.00092
(0.00920 acts very weird! been there, done that)

View attachment 102616

By the way, if you prefer SS on non DNA mods, it might be because it's a straight TCR rather than a CSV curve.
you could always use the method above to create an alernative material that uses a TCR.
just a thought.
Sometimes I prefer to vape 316 using the 316L settings and vice versa; it varies with resistance and flavour.

BTW, you think it's bad wire and stuff / vape-mesh have 2 sites? they used to have 3!! crazywire.co.uk , wireandstuff.co.uk and vapemesh.....
I'd guess they're trying to tidy it up by reducing to 2. LOL.
One of the things I gave feedback on was the inconsistent availability of this info on their sites; even down to TCRs being on some thicknesses of a certain material but not on other thicknesses of the same material. Chris stated he's going to give one of his team a poke to go through and check it's consistently on the listings

When I said 'their supplier' I suppose I meant their factory and I'm assuming it's a different site from their outlet side of things. kinda like my local tesco doesn't make the cheap n nasty lasagne on their shelves :54: lol

Disclaimer:
I'm fairly new to TC and DNA and much of what I've said could be a crock of shit :2thumbsup:
(but it works for me, so I'm happy)

Lolol, ok bud, all noted and understood. Many thanks again for the input :).

Good plan on the DNA SS curve. I'll create a custom 316L and tweak the curve a tad to make it very slightly straighter and see if that suits me more, failing that I'll just do as you said and enter the TCR via your directions. I think I'm pretty much getting it sussed now and some careful experimentation should be ok :).

I actually used the split button in the SS316L curve and created a split every 25F on the graph between 400F and 600F and it does seem to have improved my RX DNA slightly (Im testing this on the RX only, if it seems to help and work, I'll do the same on all 4 DNA's :).

As soon as I read action button I remembered where I'd seen it FFS pmsl, bloody clown lol.

Glad Crazy Wire are sorting themselves out lol :).

Back
Top Bottom