What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to TC, a dummy question.

Warpig68

Postman
Hi all

I'm not new to vaping persae but fairly new to mixing and now getting to grops with TC.
I have Smok MAG and I'd just like to know (please see image) lower right corner is 300.. I'm not sure 300 what? I can't find an answer for what this number is. Once I know I can then apply it properly.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20190426_235721.jpg
    20190426_235721.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 309
It's the preset TCR value of, I'm guessing, SS316 as that's the profile you selected.
Smok mods, in general are poor at TC, so good luck [emoji4]

Thanks nwhornet.
Ok I'm with that, but the value is.. degrees?
And do I leave it at that or adjust?
If I adjust I'm assuming theres some correlation with the wattage on the left side?
This is the bit I don't get.
Thanks again.

Thanks nwhornet.
Ok I'm with that, but the value is.. degrees?
And do I leave it at that or adjust?
If I adjust I'm assuming theres some correlation with the wattage on the left side?
This is the bit I don't get.
Thanks again.
TCR is a value given to wire that changes resistance as it's heated, essential for TC to work. The higher the value the more accurate it is. That 300 seems low for SS but I don't own a Smok to check. The 40w setting is the preheat I'm guessing it's set to.
The basic premiss for TC is to use a wire that changes resistance when heated, the aim being to get the coil to the desired temp asap hence the preheat. The mod then throttles power delivery to maintain that temp throughout the draw. EG temp set to 250c, preheat to 40w. Hit the fire button & 40w is immediately applied until the mod detects 250c & drops the watts to prevent overheating. Some boards do this far better than others. Poor ones you'll feel a pulsing as power is switched on/off.
A good shortish explanation is available here https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/updates-from-stealthvape/tfr_csv_files_for_our_wires

TCR is a value given to wire that changes resistance as it's heated, essential for TC to work. The higher the value the more accurate it is. That 300 seems low for SS but I don't own a Smok to check. The 40w setting is the preheat I'm guessing it's set to.
The basic premiss for TC is to use a wire that changes resistance when heated, the aim being to get the coil to the desired temp asap hence the preheat. The mod then throttles power delivery to maintain that temp throughout the draw. EG temp set to 250c, preheat to 40w. Hit the fire button & 40w is immediately applied until the mod detects 250c & drops the watts to prevent overheating. Some boards do this far better than others. Poor ones you'll feel a pulsing as power is switched on/off.
A good shortish explanation is available here https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/updates-from-stealthvape/tfr_csv_files_for_our_wires
Much clearer now nwhornet, thanks a lot.
So in short I'll check the screen on draw to watch what the limiter is running at and adjust accordingly. Seems good and thanks a bunch for your time.

Looks like you're in TC ss mode and have accidentally adjusted the tcr value... just watched a YouTube vid and it looks like the default value is set to 105, or at least that's what djlsbvapes had his set to. The actual tcr for ss would be 092

Looks like you're in TC ss mode and have accidentally adjusted the tcr value... just watched a YouTube vid and it looks like the default value is set to 105, or at least that's what djlsbvapes had his set to. The actual tcr for ss would be 092
Cheers @red5 , thought that TCR was way out but being Smok anything is possible :)2

What tank and coil are you using out of interest?

I tried the Prince RBA with dual 26g SS316L 0.25Ohms in TC mode (mine was set to 90 TCR and around 240c with 70 watts and struggled to find the sweet spot
A rough guide to your settings, put the TCR as @red5 said (105).

Pop it back into Wattage mode, find the wattage that suits you and jot it down, go back to TC Mode, set the wattage a little higher than your jotted down wattage and adjust the main screen temp to around 230c, try it and adjust up or down to suit your setup and preference, in theory you should be able to chain vape it without dry hits.

Knowing what tank and coils you've put in will help to advise better (and how many ohms).

Back
Top Bottom