What's new

Need some TC pointers please.

@Arctic_Wolf, can you pop up a picture of one of your Clapton TC builds for a reference please? I too found native to take some getting used to. With my wattage builds I get some very good flavour from it. The the trick with it is to strip off a length pinch one end and blow down it from the other end and it fluffs up massively then I strip off fibres until it's right. But I still can't seem to get it right for TC. I will give what you suggest a shot in a bit.

Pictures of cotton aren't going to help you at all bud. If anything it could throw you off further as it's incredibly hard to tell how much cotton is being used from a pic, it can often look like more is in use than there actually is!! Keep your wicks light and as advised, pass easily through the coil and you'll start to see a difference :).

Blowing onto one end of an installed wick to really fluff it all up works for most cottons :). If you're doing this before you install it, it could be why you're struggling to get the amount of cotton right. To pull it through the coil you want it as is from the packet or from the strip you cut or teased away. Once installed, then do the usual stuff for fluffing everything up :).

Ah fair enough I will give that a go. If I struggle I may pick up some fibre freaks. Although with it being cellulose is it now stupidly flammable?

Can you explain the problems in more detail?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious. I normally build in the 0.5-0.7 Ohm range with SS and have no problems - but I have only used SS on DNA75s
It's a bit of an odd one, Three seperate RX200's give me the same issue on 3 or 4 different atties - above 0.5 ohms they start to experience resistance glitches - sometimes they'll drift up or down by almost 0.1 ohms for no apparent reason, pull the battery and they go right back to normal, they don't seem to do it below 0.53, and the atties with those builds in give me no trouble on my DNA's and Titanium or NiFe30 builds above 0.55 dont give me any trouble on the RX200's, That said I find 0.5 seems to work just fine on the DNA's and it's an easy size coil to make so If I'm using SS I tend to stick with that these days...

Back
Top Bottom