What's new

Lacking FLAVOR!!! MTL - Kayfun 5

benfish

Initiate
Iv just bought a Kayfun 5 and up to date after only having it a few days Iv probably built about 5 different coils and re wicked about 10 times due to wanting to try a few different ohm ratings to see if anything changes! Also re wicked a few times as at first I had too much in.
I think Iv now cracked it with the wick as its wicking well but massively lacking flavor!
I'm using a 6/7 coil build using SS, what's going wrong as it's just a very bland flavor and no real hit like I'm used too from my Nautilus 2.
Iv also tried a Nife30 build similar style same lack of flavor.
Tried it between 20w to 50w and temp between 200c & 280c.
270 & 280c give better flavor but it spits and seems to blacken the coil and wick! Is that normal.
My mod is a Discodes No6, fully set up to what's instructed for both coils.

Tried a few different juices also and no real change.

Am I asking for something that's not there?

Help please.

It's a K5, Flavour should be good - It still sounds like you've got too much wick - If you're running in TC at over 500c then you should be getting a pretty hot vape - if it's fairly cool, weak and flavourless then you've either got juice flow issues or wicking issues.

Thanks.
No only at 250c normally. I think it only goes up to 290c?
Do I need less wick?

What coil do you recommend with SS or Nife30?

My first question is, what sort of cotton are you using? In something as refined as a K5 it can make a huge difference.

Secondly, your juice may just taste different, not worse. Kayfuns taste different to all other tanks and bring out flavours you didn't know were there, while those you're familiar with could be subdued.

You may just need to give it time, but, ultimately, you may just be incompatible with it. There are many tanks others rave about that do nothing for me.

One of my fave builds in the Kfun5 is a 3mm 7 wrap spaced nife30 set the jules / watts to 18 and the temp to 420f. Make sure you've got the correct tc wire setting and you're good to go m8.

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks.
No only at 250c normally. I think it only goes up to 290c?
Do I need less wick?

What coil do you recommend with SS or Nife30?
Sorry I meant 500F (280c is 530F) - If you're getting a cool weak vape at that temp then yes it's most likely you need less wick, the wick should slide through the coil with only a little resistance. The quickest way to check if it is the wicking is to soak the wick really well then take a vape - if the first vape is good and then it starts to fade away then you've got wicking issues. If it's poor no matter what then try running in wattage mode, if you get a decent vape then it's either your build or your settings....

My first question is, what sort of cotton are you using? In something as refined as a K5 it can make a huge difference.

Secondly, your juice may just taste different, not worse. Kayfuns taste different to all other tanks and bring out flavours you didn't know were there, while those you're familiar with could be subdued.

You may just need to give it time, but, ultimately, you may just be incompatible with it. There are many tanks others rave about that do nothing for me.

I was using using coil master cotton but it was a little like cardboard so bought some cotton bacon and that seems great stuff as very fluffy and just feels better over all.

One of my fave builds in the Kfun5 is a 3mm 7 wrap spaced nife30 set the jules / watts to 18 and the temp to 420f. Make sure you've got the correct tc wire setting and you're good to go m8.

Cheers

Gaz

Cheers Gaz il give that a blast next but i do think its pretty close to what i had done tbh. I may be over wicking the job!!

Sorry I meant 500F (280c is 530F) - If you're getting a cool weak vape at that temp then yes it's most likely you need less wick, the wick should slide through the coil with only a little resistance. The quickest way to check if it is the wicking is to soak the wick really well then take a vape - if the first vape is good and then it starts to fade away then you've got wicking issues. If it's poor no matter what then try running in wattage mode, if you get a decent vape then it's either your build or your settings....

Wick is the issue i think, done as you said and got a huge hit, probably to much but was good. Iv just reduced the wick but think it may need less as still fading! Is 280c high for TC vaping? Whats a good temp for the coils?

Cheers

Gaz

Pretty much exactly what I do although I use 410F and 15 watts/joules but I'm just splitting hairs really!!

Evening all

Thanks for the advice.

Tried looser/less wick and flavor and speed i can vape has improved massively.

Went back to Nife30 coil, 3mm and 7 wraps, working nicley.

Fingers crossed.

Advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom