What's new

I'm an idiot, please help me. DNA escribe advice needed.

Cheers for taking a look guys. Yeah, it's vaping well. A nice warm vape, the temp control rarely kicks in (as far as I can tell!), just if I chain vape quickly. I just love that the instant the button is pressed it just works.

Many thanks. [emoji12][emoji106][emoji106]
Actually you WANT the temp control message to appear - that just means it's up to temperature, but from looking at the graph - you are achieving temperature and you have a reasonable overhead between set power level and live power applied...:2thumbsup:

Fingers crossed, I'm all good to go then, I'll keep this working build in then. Next job is to tackle SS316L as I use it a lot anyway in most builds. Last question for now (I promise), if I take the tank off for a while, when I go back to use do I enter it as a new coil, and lock the ohms again, or if it comes up with a same coil option do I select that.

You guys are real stars, without your help I would probably have given up with it all already. I've read the escribe manual, and I realise that there is hrs and hrs worth of reading up I could/should have done, but with the help of you guys it's been so much easier, and without having to carry out extensive research. Much appreciated."[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Fingers crossed, I'm all good to go then, I'll keep this working build in then. Next job is to tackle SS316L as I use it a lot anyway in most builds. Last question for now (I promise), if I take the tank off for a while, when I go back to use do I enter it as a new coil, and lock the ohms again, or if it comes up with a same coil option do I select that.

You guys are real stars, without your help I would probably have given up with it all already. I've read the escribe manual, and I realise that there is hrs and hrs worth of reading up I could/should have done, but with the help of you guys it's been so much easier, and without having to carry out extensive research. Much appreciated."[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Yes bud. Just make sure you're in the right profile and re lock the ohms in. If you don't use another atty on it in the meantime it may not ask you.

316 will be exactly the same- save for you using the 316 profile instead of the nife. Everything else is the same in practice to what you've been doing already. I've a feeling @Rob might have been watching with interest as he's just acquired a lovely DNA too [emoji6]

It will ask if it needs to, just pop the atty on and push fire...

Last question for now (I promise), if I take the tank off for a while, when I go back to use do I enter it as a new coil, and lock the ohms again, or if it comes up with a same coil option do I select that.

I think if you have locked resistance, the mod won't ask you if the coil is new/same if you unmount/mount. So if you want to put on a new one, you probably need to unlock the resistance in order to calibrate the new coil. I'm not 100% sure on this because I don't generally lock resistance on DNAs. Basically, locking resistance just disables the new/same prompt. Leaving the resistance unlocked has some diagnostic value in the event of a problem, e.g. you will see the resistance reading change if a loose connection develops.

Back
Top Bottom