What's new

Idiot's guide to TC please

vapemac

Veteran
Bear with me.....

So I've decided that I want to have a dabble. I've got stainless steel wire but there's only NI200 or a TI setting does this matter?

I've also had a general fiddle and the watts can only be set within wattage mode and when I switch to tc it carries that wattage over. I can then set the required temperature. I take it that this is what the mod will maintain the heat to?

I think you can use the ss in the to mode, but do look into further.
The wattage is set as the initial burst of power for heating then like a speed governor the tc chip kicks in to keep the coil at the set temperature.

See, mechlyfe knows about the tc perversion....[emoji79]

I think you can use the ss in the to mode, but do look into further.
The wattage is set as the initial burst of power for heating then like a speed governor the tc chip kicks in to keep the coil at the set temperature.

See, mechlyfe knows about the tc perversion....[emoji79]

It's making ma heid dirl already....

There's something til be said about simplicity. :D

If your mod doesn't have a 316SS setting or TCR settings, I'd forget about trying to use SS with it, personally.

You can however run NiFe30 perfectly well in Nickel mode, if you fancy picking up some of that.

If your mod doesn't have a 316SS setting or TCR settings, I'd forget about trying to use SS with it, personally.
The two that I've tried are both kanger mods and they both don't have 316ss setting

Ummm....

TBH, wrap a spaced coil aiming at the .15 to .2 ohm mark. Lightly wick it (as in "this isn't enough cotton really, it goes through the coil with no pressure").

Start at around 400F .. it will probably feel cold, but you're just getting things going. Then ignore any sort of setting whatsoever, just keep increasing the temp until you like it.

How well temp control works is chip driven ..... DNA's work really well, Evic's are OK in my experience. I don't own any Smok's etc so I don't know how well they do, which is why I've given the "suck it and see" view above.

Enjoy ..... :)

Back
Top Bottom