What's new

I did it!

cactusjack

Initiate
Sorry I'm a little bit excited :)

So having had the Snow wolf for about a month now and pondering it's temp control option I decided last weekend to take the plunge and get some nickel wire to mess with, I've tried all ways to get a decent build in both drippers and tanks with minimal success, sure I could build a coil and it worked but I just couldn't get a satisfying vape from anything I tried.

Fast forward to today sat at work on my lunch break enjoying a nice mint vape in an old kfl, it crossed my mind I had a spare kfl I had bought as a back up and not used sat in the vape drawer at home and I had a little light bulb moment!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1441917014.849112.jpg

11 wraps around a 2mm drill bit, wicked with muji just enough to feel resistance but not tight, 20 watts at 400F and it's great!

I'm starting to get it :)

So having had the Snow wolf for about a month now and pondering it's temp control option I decided last weekend to take the plunge and get some nickel wire to mess with, I've tried all ways to get a decent build in both drippers and tanks with minimal success, sure I could build a coil and it worked but I just couldn't get a satisfying vape from anything I tried.

Fast forward to today sat at work on my lunch break enjoying a nice mint vape in an old kfl, it crossed my mind I had a spare kfl I had bought as a back up and not used sat in the vape drawer at home and I had a little light bulb moment!

View attachment 63242

11 wraps around a 2mm drill bit, wicked with muji just enough to feel resistance but not tight, 20 watts at 400F and it's great!

@cactusjack glad you cracked it, what size wire did you use.

View attachment 63242

Ah, more of us, one less of them...:D

It's a good feeling when you finally nail a good TC Build, after all there's people like me out there telling everyone how wonderful Temp control is but until you finally get one that works really well it's hard for you to understand why I'm so happy with TC...

You have no soul. TC is the way of the devil.

They used to say similar things about us lunatics that used Gennies didn't they? ;):D

Temp Control and a NextGen is quite interesting, I know, I dun it din I ;)

You have no soul. TC is the way of the devil.

This is possibly why I'm currently vaping El Diablo's Beelzebub - although it could just be a Co-inkydink...:D

[Author's note: I really, genuinely, am vaping Beelzebub - therefore this could be considered an Omen, Serendipity or just chance - You decide]

I used 28 gauge Wal577 I think thinner may have been better for the size of the deck but I don't think you would get away with thicker as it would overhang the juice wells too much.
Mawsley I think my soul departed long ago, I can live with it lol
Tubbyengineer thanks dude I was ready to give up on the whole thing but it's working well, still can't get a dripper build that works but at least now I'm encouraged to keep trying, waiting on a new mod coming as I think the TC function on the Snowwolf is not all that either

I 'got it' as well the other day - decided to stick a Ti build in my Lemo drop that has lay unused since I got a UTA2 clone, nothing to lose as the poor thing was sitting there like an abandoned ginger puppy, despite being loved daily for the previous seven months.

0.4 mm Ti and was aiming for 0.25 microcoil with 3mm ID - once fitted wicked etc it was 0.36 :17: Feck it, gave it a bash and it's been going great guns - it's even wicking 70vg happily which I could never get it to do previously!

Running at 240/250c on a Koopor and it's a consistently cracking vape - I'll sling a build in the UTA2 tomorrow and see how that fares.

Back
Top Bottom