What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help with new kit please!

Chudders

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am relatively new to sub ohm vaping, I previously had a Vapouriz VBox which I didn't have to think about, just press the button and vape.
I have upgraded and now have the following but am struggling to operate it properly!
I have an eleaf istick pico 75w temp control mod and a Vapouriz Sub Tank 2 using Ni200 coils which are meant to be 0.15ohms but the mod actually reads them as 0.09ohms.
Im not sure what I'm doing wrong, can anyone advise which setting I should be using it on as I can't seem to get it to operate properly?! In wattage mode it just gives me an 'atomiser low' message and doesn't fire at all. In temperature ni mode I have to turn it up to the max temp of 315°c for it to even fire at all, and then it only fires for about 0.5-1 second before it stops and gives a 'temp protection' warning?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

@Chudders, this is usually a problem with too tightly packed cotton. TC needs loose wicking. If you take the coil out, saturate it and find that it vapes fine (on Ni mode, it's fortunate it didn't fire in wattage mode) for a puff or two then reverts to a poor vape, this will confirm it's a wicking problem. If that's the case, you might be able to improve matters by poking a pin into the wicking holes a few times and gently loosening up the cotton.

@Chudders, this is usually a problem with too tightly packed cotton. TC needs loose wicking. If you take the coil out, saturate it and find that it vapes fine (on Ni mode, it's fortunate it didn't fire in wattage mode) for a puff or two then reverts to a poor vape, this will confirm it's a wicking problem. If that's the case, you might be able to improve matters by poking a pin into the wicking holes a few times and gently loosening up the cotton.
Yep, this is pretty much the answer to all cold vape TC faults...

that being said most companies have a tolerance limit to their coils +- 0.05 ohms.
I use 0.5 ohm coils and mine have ranged from 0.46 to 0.55, but like the guys said, try loosening the cotton

Back
Top Bottom