What's new

Has anyone successfully use TC on a Pulse?

Simon G

Olympian
Mine's useless ..... cuts in and out randomly and I just got a massive dry hit. Using the latest 90w software update too.

garbage.

I use mine in TC mode all the time (SS) and works great, though I did lower the TCR value to 1200, it also took me ages to work out how to adjust the wattage, 4 clicks of the fire button to increase or decrease the wattage.

Last edited:
Just tried my hardest to get a dry hit, 0.25 ohms SS316 Clapton single wire in the Wasp Nano, 222c at 65 watts and upped the TCR back to 1300 - nada, cottons bone dry without a dry hit, I can only assume your wattage is set too high? or the latest update is causing it (I am still on VER:0.0.6)

weird, it feels like something is very broken with mine, it's all over the place, hot/cold cutting out, it's the worse TC I've ever used seriously ... wattage isn't high, it's at 25w (I started at 30w where I set it on my DNA 60) that shouldn't matter really anyway the temp limiting should still work ... Maybe the problem is that it can't do temp control at lower temps though, I presume you aren't MTLing on yours?

or maybe the problem is the atty I suppose, that's always a possibility.

Yeah I haven't tried it MTL or on lower wattage TC, do you think it could be the TCR setting?

I don't know really. I'll have a mess around when I can be bothered sometime. I'll try a different atty first I think and see if that improves things. I've just been running it in voltage mode since.

I only have 2 MTL bottom fed RDA's, both are pants (too airy).

Is the latest firmware any better generally?

I only have 2 MTL bottom fed RDA's, both are pants (too airy).

Is the latest firmware any better generally?

I don't honestly know, I just updated to the latest when I got it.... I have the 1928 (which was giving me the issues) and a galaxies and my le concorde's. I've not tried those yet as I don't have the squonk pins fitted. I don't really like squonking but I thought it would be perfect for the 1928 in TC.

I don't honestly know, I just updated to the latest when I got it.... I have the 1928 (which was giving me the issues) and a galaxies and my le concorde's. I've not tried those yet as I don't have the squonk pins fitted. I don't really like squonking but I thought it would be perfect for the 1928 in TC.
You ought to pick up Robs inbox in the classies.
I use them constantly for mtl to squonking now as the tc on the old DNA75 board is so solid. Even a seven wrap stainless coil is Bob on.

Back
Top Bottom