What's new

Equivalence

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

Many thanks to Rob @stealthvape for running over this with me, every days a school day.

Love my DNA's and recently picked up a DNA40 on a good deal, issue is it was only designed for Ni200.

After much discussion with our @vapesmarter regarding upgrading it to a DNA60 he pointed me to Rob as it's a bit of a mare to do with there being no hookups for USB data. After much discussion the topic of equivalents came up.

Not something I've come across before but the gist of it is you can tune the temperature for an alternate wire to drop into the DNA, a so-called offset.

Here is the relevant detail as I understand it.

NiFe30 from Stealthvape

NiFe30.png

Resistherm from Dicodes

Resistherm.png

Titanium01

Titanium.png

SS316L

SS316L.png

Here's the thing about SS316L though, the temperature of 140F is too low for the DNA40 to set as its range is limited to 200F - 600F.

I've tried the NiFe30 from Stealthvape and it works really well on the mod.

Hope this helps someone who has a DNA40 and looking to try other coil types. :D

aye i had looked into this a while ago when trying to get the dna40 elfin to do TC with stainless wire. as you point out, there was no luck for me. it’s interesting though, increases the understanding of how TC works when you get your head round it.

I never attempted to drop the temp down to minimum and lower the preheat Wattage to compensate to see if I could get something out of SS, didn't fancy sucking in a fireball. As usual with this stuff, first toot is always an adventure into the unknown. :D

i don’t really use TC but was just interested to see if it was possible, to compensate the setting for a different wire.

Yeah, whatever you want, I have Ni200, NiFe30 or Titanium.

i wouldn’t mind a couple of bits of the NiFe to try it out actually. cheers, will pm you. :)

I think you like it, taste reminds me of Kanthal, whereas Titanium reminds me of SS.

hmm i’ve never been a fan of kanthal, but think it’s more because of the longer heat up time. will be interesting to try it out and see how i get on.

Back
Top Bottom