What's new

DNA75 screen reads 'off' in tc mode

ej2_sir

Postman
Last chance for the vt75 nano before bin!
I put put a 316l build on. reading .46. Works fine on 2 other none dna mods. It fires and vapes but where the temperature should be it says 'off'
obviously im guessing its not regulating cos of this. Can anyone help as this is supposed to be the best chip out there and so far its been the worst mod ive ever purchased......And i should know, i bought a smok m65!!!

should be, i factory reset it not so long ago. All I have changed is done the case analyse and set the resistance properly with the 510 shorted (about 0.004 if i recall)

I put put a 316l build on. reading .46. Works fine on 2 other none dna mods. It fires and vapes but where the temperature should be it says 'off'
obviously im guessing its not regulating cos of this. Can anyone help as this is supposed to be the best chip out there and so far its been the worst mod ive ever purchased......And i should know, i bought a smok m65!!!
OK, You've got the temperature mode turned OFF!, Simply unlock the Temperature and adjust downwards...

OK, You've got the temperature mode turned OFF!, Simply unlock the Temperature and adjust downwards...
I was hoping it would be that simple but unfortunatly not! it actually displays the temp on screen (440f) until you hit the fire button and then it just says off until you release the fire button and it goes back to 440f.

I was hoping it would be that simple but unfortunatly not! it actually displays the temp on screen (440f) until you hit the fire button and then it just says off until you release the fire button and it goes back to 440f.
I've had this happen before on both VT75 Nano and Reuleaux DNA200. I think it's related to the atty/coil rather than the mod. When it's happened to me, I've removed the atty, checked/tightened the coil terminals, cleaned the 510 on both mod and atty and reassembled. I've also had success with SS316 coils by switching to wattege mode for a few puffs before switching back to TC. So far, this has worked for me.

I've had this happen before on both VT75 Nano and Reuleaux DNA200. I think it's related to the atty/coil rather than the mod. When it's happened to me, I've removed the atty, checked/tightened the coil terminals, cleaned the 510 on both mod and atty and reassembled. I've also had success with SS316 coils by switching to wattege mode for a few puffs before switching back to TC. So far, this has worked for me.
Nomad, think you may be onto something here. I carried on vaping it for a bit even though it was saying off. it then started flashing between random numbers and off. I cleaned battery cap and 510 with isoprop. and now it seems to be tracking the temp but is weak and hitting protect. Atty works fine on other mods (aspire/joytech). Im really starting to think about throwing in the towel with this vt75 nano... Ive been vaping for 3 years so my wicking and coils are on point!

Last edited:
ej2_sir, I'm no expert on DNA's ... just got a Lost Vape Therion 2 weeks ago, Have been using titanium but thought i'd try SS316L .. was getting exactly what you are getting.
Went through every suggested remedy, eventually I did a reset and re-flash of the service pack ... that fixed it, now NOT getting "OFF" on screen and is now correctly using the SS profile i set.
Like I say, i'm no expert, but this fixed the issue for me :)
Cheers
DamoB

First, go to this post and scroll down to my post #8. Read my explanation of the 510 top plate on a VT75 Nano and how to remedy it. Hopefully tightening the plate right down on your mod will fix your issues :). https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/.../aspire-archon-surprised.131891/#post-1434986

Google terms like "loose 510 pin plate vt75 nano" or "loose 510 plate vt75 nano" and you'll come across entire threads with many posts about the problem. I only remember it as someone who PM'd me about DNAs when they git theirs ran into it and successfully fixed it by tightening down this plate!!

It's a shame, as the design of this mod pretty much makes it a terrible mod for TC and completely lets down the expensive DNA board inside :(. Hcigar are usually very good, but they seriously messed up making the 510 plate removable!!

Hope you can get yours tightened down and get TC working as it should :).

Nomad, think you may be onto something here. I carried on vaping it for a bit even though it was saying off. it then started flashing between random numbers and off. I cleaned battery cap and 510 with isoprop. and now it seems to be tracking the temp but is weak and hitting protect. Atty works fine on other mods (aspire/joytech). Im really starting to think about throwing in the towel with this vt75 nano... Ive been vaping for 3 years so my wicking and coils are on point!

@binky18 had a similar issue with a standard sized VT75 .

Hopefully tagging him, he can tell you exactly how he fixed his :).

Back
Top Bottom