What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DNA40 Can I use stainless wire?

G-BAD

Postman
I have recently got a DNA40 device that was too pretty to turn down. I use stainless wire, would I be able to use this mod successfully with stainless?
20170110_191254.jpg

If you're using it in power mode then it's a straight forward plug and play type thing, however if you're wanting to use TC then you may have problems as the resistance change on SS316L is pretty low - In fact According to Steam Engine the closest equivalent setting is to set an Indicated temp of 100c giving a coil temp of around 404c, making TC more or less impossible with SS wire on the DNA40, if you're really lucky you might get to pick up a DNA60 chip that you can retrofit to the mod which will give you all the modern TC features of Evolv bords but in a DNA40 compatible size...

I'll have to have a look at the DNA60 chip. These are produced with Dicodes chips on the newer versions. I was thinking of finding out if it was difficult to upgrade. Thanks for your reply.

I use SS with my DNA 40s but in power mode. However you need to completely turn off the temp option as it tries to go into temp mode & goes wild.

Yes only got it tonight and not really at one with the controls. Its in temp mode:12:

If you turn the temp up to the 600f & then carry on it disables the temp mode.

Back
Top Bottom