What's new

DNA200 - Up and coming devices thread

Just preordered the hcigar vt200 from angelfire mods £107.99 with discount code, better than gearbest :)

Very tempted by the whiteout though...

Just had an email from cloudstix today. Was a problem with the first batch of vaporsharks so they have halted production. Was due to shop to the UK around the 19th but been pushed back to the 30th.

Just had an email from cloudstix today. Was a problem with the first batch of vaporsharks so they have halted production. Was due to shop to the UK around the 19th but been pushed back to the 30th.

I've seen some issues with the paint on Facebook, some of them have been chipping off quite badly.

This is the email Vapor Shark has been sending vendors:

Vapor Shark DNA 200 - Finish Notice & Update

Since the release of the DNA 200 we have received several emails regarding the outer finish peeling off easily.

Upon further investigation into these claims, we discovered that several of our initial batches missed a very important step in the final paint and curing process at our manufacturing plant.

There are three steps to our paint and finishing process. The aluminum casing is first anodized black, then painted black, and finally finished with Vapor Shark’s trademark rubberized coating. During this investigation we discovered that a critical part of the curing process was not properly executed on several of the initial batches of DNA 200 casings.

After this discovery we made the decision to halt production, thoroughly examine all currently finished and assembled DNA 200’s, and sort out the affected batches.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?

During this sorting process we will be returning all affected devices to our manufacturing plant for processing. This has inevitably pushed back our schedule for shipping by approximately 14 days.
WE DON’T WANT YOU TO BE WITHOUT A MOD! For those of you currently affected, please continue to use your mod while our manufacturing plant produces proper quality casings. We are on schedule to receive DNA 200’s with proper casings by September 30th. If your device has been affected, kindly send a picture of your device with the affected area in view to [email protected] on or after September 30th. Please include your name and order number.

A wee bit gutted, just heard today that my Whiteout DNA200, will not be shipping until the 2 week in October, I have been waiting on this device for so long.

I thought I would have it at the start of Sept, then that has come and went but I would rather them get it right rather than ship it if not 100%.
So I guess its fingers crossed for Oct, but I think in the meantime if I can get another 200, while waiting I will go for it (Sshhh don't tell the Mrs, or else I will be homeless) ha ha.

Hopefully after this it will cure me.;)

A wee bit gutted, just heard today that my Whiteout DNA200, will not be shipping until the 2 week in October, I have been waiting on this device for so long.

I thought I would have it at the start of Sept, then that has come and went but I would rather them get it right rather than ship it if not 100%.
So I guess its fingers crossed for Oct, but I think in the meantime if I can get another 200, while waiting I will go for it (Sshhh don't tell the Mrs, or else I will be homeless) ha ha.

Hopefully after this it will cure me.;)

Yeah, it's a shame to have to wait longer but better that than receive it earlier because they rushed it and have to deal with a load of issues due to that fact. I know the feeling lol, I've had to resist the temptation to order a VT200 or a EFusion DNA 200 to tide me over till the Whiteout arrives, thankfully having a SX Mini M Class helps in that regard.

Yeah I'm glad that I'll be getting the '2nd batch'.

After seeing some of the pictures Id feel the same. Some of them are in almost a bad a state as my RDNA 40 and I got that last November. I hope they fix it properly so your's is spot on.

Flawless are making a Tuglyfe DNA200 mod if you fancy that kind of thing!

unregbox__97865.1442415328.1280.1280.jpg

200Watt Tuglyfe Box Mod - Flawless Vape Shop

Back
Top Bottom